<p>My apologies for the weather - it’s been one drab and damp spring. Par for the course. Just consider how the locals feel!</p>
<p>We didn’t used to be such an impatient lot but that has really changed over the past few years. I tend to be surprised when I’m “downtown” by the number of smokers, especially younger people, considering the rep of being a somewhat healthy place to live.</p>
<p>There’s a bizarre little saying for remembering the order of some of the downtown streets (from the south to the north in downtown): Jesus Christ Made Seattle Under Pressure.</p>
<p>Jefferson
James
Cherry
Columbia
Marion
Madison
Spring
Seneca
University
Union
Pike
Pine</p>
<p>Fingers crossed, July is better, cause if it ain’t, we’ll all be heading to Houston or other southern locations looking for sunshine.</p>
<p>simba, if you want to see snow - it might be snowing up at Snoqualmie Pass tonight! It is the crappiest June around here in my books!
Yeah, downtown driving is a pain. I take the bus whenever I can. The one-way streets get me every time I go there. Rent a Garmin if you can next time you are traveling to Seattle, it will help. And those impatient honkers are Californian transplants (or so we, Seattle snobs, tend to think ;))</p>
<p>A side note: it just SEEMS that people smoke around here more than anywhere else, because of the new state law that prohibits smoking indoors and within 25 feet of any entrance to a restaurant, bar, health club, store, etc. Therefore, smokers have no choice other than going outside for their nicotine fix.</p>
<p>EK is right about street parking. At first, it was a bit puzzling, but now I like the new system much better than feeding coins directly into a meter. Pre-pay, take the receipt, peel the sticky back off, place the receipt on the iside of the car window facing the street ( so the “meter maids” can see it from the sidewalk), and use the sticky piece to secure your reciept to the galss. Just check a car or two already parked next to you, and you will see how it works.</p>
<p>I have been working in my yard- but the other day when it dumped I had to have a hot bath to warm up after.
I agree if you wait for it to get nice you will never go anywhere- D & I already have gone camping! ( Ok, it was in Eastern wa )</p>
<p>From the forecast it doesn’t look like it going to warm up for a while & D’s graduation is Wednesday night in Memorial stadium @ the Seattle Center ( which doesn’t have a roof)</p>
<p>Oh yeah, if you include the winter, that year was the nastiest one, but this year we beat a lot of records already!</p>
<p>simba, if you want to see some Seattle stereotypes, google “NorthWestTypes” on YouTube! You will see a bunch of hilarious Pemco commercials poking fun at us, Puget Sounders. I like them all, especially the “Blue Tarp Camper” one ;)</p>
<p>*especially the “Blue Tarp Camper” one *
blink. blink. Pretty much at least one similar trip every summer.
My H is probably 50 deg shirt’s off guy
But I can’t believe that nothing is named after Ballard?
( Im a combo of Fremont holdout & Cap hill mixed bag- )</p>
<p>really it is not usually quite this cold in June.
It is usually really nice until the 3rd week when school gets out- then it is cold for swim lessons. ;)</p>
<p>I think the ferries would be too miserable-
If you are downtown, try going to the library go to the top floor- and then try to find your way out again!
That outta kill a few hours. </p>
<p>I really am surprised that you say people are honking at you. People just don’t honk in Seattle unless you scare them (say, by driving the wrong way on a one way street). </p>
<p>And yes, even the locals think this weather sucks. I had to turn the heat back on, which is some sort of sin where I grew up… heat on after May 1 is bad enough, but in June?</p>
<p>It was just me honking. I’m quick on the horn. Actually there is a lot more downtown than there used to be. I walk a few blocks downtown every day and you hear plenty of honks now for slow starters at the lights. </p>
<p>“If you are downtown, try going to the library go to the top floor- and then try to find your way out again!
That outta kill a few hours”</p>
<p>Take a walk anywhere on Broadway and watch all the wierdos–highly entertaining. People living in Seattle are as impatient as the rest of the country–most people who live there aren’t natives–they came from someplace else.</p>
<p>ek4 we are almost neighbors. His apt. is 46 N and Freemont Ave.</p>
<p>The honkers don’t bother me. I can irritate them more. If they honk me, I ease up on gas and drive extra slow. The way the streets are, only one car can go. One 20 something girls yelled at me asked why I drive so slow. I yelled back,“because you honked”.</p>
<p>Today, I saw something bizzare. At an intersection, a guy wants to make a left. Opposite to him was a car trying to make right. The guy cussed the hell out at the car.</p>
<p>Simba, did you get to meet the Soviet leader, the stone folks waiting for a bus and the ■■■■■ in Fremont?</p>
<p>Cut Fremont dwellers some slack - they had to live through some major road construction, their quirky neighborhood was invaded by hordes of Adobe and Google employees, posh condos went up in the place where a tavern and an outdoor cinema used to be, so I can see why some of them might be short-tempered.</p>
<p>:(
Since I work outside, I have been looking forward to it getting warm again for a loooong time.
I am too old to be chilled to the bone everyday.
:p</p>
<p>Simba that is just a few blocks from me- look for a red Jeep liberty with a Garfield high school license plate holder, Reed college window cling & Pearl Jam stickers! ( and a snowboard rack on top & a bike rack on the back )</p>
<p>The quick turn around in temps has definitely been odd this year in my opinion (though not a born native, I’ve spent most of the last 35 years around here).</p>
<p>I also have the windows open this am taking advantage of the morning chill to cool off the house. We’ll “button it up” later when the temperature shift hits. I just can’t justify air conditioning for the 17 or so days a year we might need it.</p>