When to schedule my audition

<p>Hello all.
Emerson is my first choice, and I’m trying to figure out the best time for me to schedule my audition.</p>

<p>I have a recovering polyp on my vocal fold (sang through silent reflux for months without recognizing the symptoms-- oops) and am in intensive vocal therapy to recover, so I’m scheduling all of my auditions in very late January at the earliest. So, I know it’s not going to be before then, because my voice will not be in its best form.</p>

<p>I was thinking of maybe making it one of my last auditions, like in late February, so I have had the most time to recover AND the most audition experience from all of my other schools.</p>

<p>However, will auditioning late put me at a disadvantage? Is Emerson the kind of school that will fill up slots as they see auditions they like, eventually filling all of them before I even get a chance to audition? I need to know this because I need to find the right balance between late enough to recover, but early enough to be considered.</p>

<p>Thanks so much in advance.</p>

<p>HopefulMT, my son auditioned for Emerson during New York Unifieds last year, on the last Saturday in January, and was accepted. I don't believe your projected time frame will hurt you. It's undoubtedly better to be healthy and sound great than go too early. Good luck with your recovery and your auditions!</p>

<p>Thank you so much. I just was getting worried that by the time they saw me, they'd already have seen enough talented people and I wouldn't get in for that reason.
Thanks again!</p>

<p>(If anyone else has any other tips or information about this, please let me know!)</p>