Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UC to CC to UC, some questions

TrueHoboTrueHobo Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
Looking to attend CC for the next semester because of a suspension from UCD, but I'm looking to transfer to another UC so I have a few questions.

1. A suspension technically "terminates my student status," so will I be considered a CC to UC transfer?

2. Can I use some of the courses I've done at UCD to fulfill some classes on my IGETC?

Replies to: UC to CC to UC, some questions

• mikemacmikemac Registered User Posts: 10,050 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Don't try to get advising for this from the internet. As the UC pamphlet for counselors says
    Former UC students who are on academic probation at UC should work closely with UC advisers if they want to transfer to another UC campus or return to the campus where they first enrolled.
    http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/counselors/files/quick-reference-2015.pdf
    Note that they don't say see a counselor at your CCC, because the subject is not simple. There are probably all kinds of conditions and clauses at work here. It probably matters whether you were dismissed for academic or disciplinary reasons, whether you have retaken any classes, etc.

This discussion has been closed.