right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Vanderbilt Class of 2024 RD Discussion

Replies to: Vanderbilt Class of 2024 RD Discussion

• PurplePlumPurplePlum 152 replies9 threads Junior Member
    edited March 6
    Imagine never knowing that you won a CV scholarship to Vanderbilt....ooof![/quote]

@HokieCrazy They also send a letter in the mail for the award (from what I recall) and update the portal too. So, one would eventually know. ;-) Though I have no idea if they mail out denials and/or what is reflected in the portals if one does not receive the CV. And keep in mind that Vandy mails out official acceptance packets as well, so one would see the CV award there too.

But for those who are understandably anxious to find out--email is obviously the quickest way to find out. So always check all email folders, just in case.
    edited March 6
    · Reply · Share
  • srk2017srk2017 2729 replies12 threads Senior Member
    in 2017 my son received on Wed, Mar 8, 2017, 02:24 PM Pacific. So it could be today or Monday.
    · Reply · Share
  • Nnig03Nnig03 62 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Anyone received something ?, any updates ?
    · Reply · Share
  • Nnig03Nnig03 62 replies0 threads Junior Member
    By the way guys , if you given the CV scholarship, that automatically means you were accepted or these are two different offices?
    · Reply · Share
  • pathtotruthpathtotruth 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited March 6
    I would imagine CV recipient means admitted since the scholarships are not given by outside organizations but Vanderbilt University itself.
    edited March 6
    · Reply · Share
  • curlingregency48curlingregency48 6 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 6
    Has anyone heard anything about Cornelius?
    edited March 6
    · Reply · Share
  • jdhfhabcdefjdhfhabcdef 38 replies0 threads Junior Member
    nope.
    · Reply · Share
  • PapaSmurftPapaSmurft 4 replies1 threads New Member
    Nothing here yet either. Does anyone have a list of the days it came out the past few years? I know it's often the first Friday of March, but does anyone have the exact days?
    · Reply · Share
  • JennibcJennibc 174 replies1 threads Junior Member
    They can always change the timing of these things. Unless Vanderbilt specifically states a date, I think it will be up in the air and it comes out when they are ready to send it out.
    · Reply · Share
  • hehehohohihihehehohohihi 4 replies0 threads New Member
    nope:/
    · Reply · Share
    that makes sense yet it doesn't because universities are usually consistent with these things
    · Reply · Share
    2009: March 5th, Thursday
    2010: March 5th, Friday
    2011: March 7th, Monday
    2012: March 9th, Friday
    2013: March 5th, Tuesday
    2014: March 7th, Friday
    2015: March 6th, Friday
    2016: March 4th, Friday
    2017: March 8th, Wednesday
    · Reply · Share
    reposted from 2018 thread
    · Reply · Share
    I keep checking my email and the mailbox frantically, it seems that the portal has no updates... I am so nervous especially since I was not invited to MOSAIC but am Hispanic and led a lot of big initiatives in my school...
    · Reply · Share
  • midofnowheremidofnowhere 27 replies1 threads Junior Member
    mosaic was just cancelled, this is ridiculous
    · Reply · Share
    Is it because of corona?
    · Reply · Share
  • Hopefulmom101Hopefulmom101 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Although the tornado that hit the area this week didn't directly impact the campus, it could have affected employees.
    · Reply · Share
  • midofnowheremidofnowhere 27 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @hehehohohihi @hopefulmom101 It is because of the coronavirus, yes.
    · Reply · Share
  • JennibcJennibc 174 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @hehehohohihi You can probably stop checking your mail as it's not going to come out tonight since it's close to 6 PM CST and the offices close at 5. Decisions might be delayed because of the tornado this week. Or it could be that they are releasing them next week sometime. No point in wasting your Friday night!
    · Reply · Share
  • gamerdood08gamerdood08 9 replies0 threads New Member
    @Jennibc I agree. I believe they could release Monday, March 9th. It could even be as late as Wednesday, March 11th or Friday, March 13th. The tornado and COVID-19 has probably created a lot of setbacks with Vandy. Everyone have a good weekend!
    · Reply · Share