Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Maintenance will occur on the site beginning at 10:00 am PT tomorrow morning. While it is very unlikely, this may result in intermittent down time. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

like letters? is there such a thing at Vandy?

Optimistic?Optimistic? Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
edited January 2008 in Vanderbilt University
Does vandy do like letters?
Post edited by Optimistic? on

Replies to: like letters? is there such a thing at Vandy?

• Amnesia7Amnesia7 Registered User Posts: 218 Junior Member
    Do you mean likely letters? If so I don't believe that they do...
  • Optimistic?Optimistic? Registered User Posts: 25 New Member
    yea.. lol. LIKELY letters my bad
  • icy9ff8icy9ff8 - Posts: 1,605 Senior Member
    Not to my knowledge. Vanderbilt does, however, send scholarship applications to certain applicants. If you don't fill it out ,then you reduce chance of admission. Fill it out and get a trip to campus and an acceptance.
  • kelqukelqu Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    nope....they don't
  • Commodore64Commodore64 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    If you don't fill it out ,then you reduce chance of admission

Um, please state exactly where you got this piece of information? I highly doubt this is true.
  • VolStomperVolStomper Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    What university would consider someone for a scholarship and then decide after the student didn't apply for a scholarship that he didn't deserve admission? Bluegrass ain't smurf dope, but I'd like some of whatever it is you're smoking.
  • JohnC613JohnC613 Registered User Posts: 1,580 Senior Member
    icy... what mailing are u talking about? I received the app package for the Cornelius, Chancelor, and Ingram. is that what you are talking about?

I think icy means that if you receive this from Vandy, then you stand a good chance of receiving scholarships, so you should apply for them. If you don't apply, that will demonstrate a lack of interest in the school.
    ...I'm not entirely sure that's true, but I think that is what she means.

icy... some people don't apply for merit scholarships because they expect to get lots of need-based anyhow
  • UNEPgirlUNEPgirl Registered User Posts: 189 Junior Member
    I second John's question - which mailing is this? I'm assuming it can't be that original one with all three, since the Ingram app was due a month before they even saw all the applicants and the semis already came out, but when would they be sending this?
This discussion has been closed.