Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chance me / Recommend Schools (Computer Science)

2»

Replies to: Chance me / Recommend Schools (Computer Science)

• fontseekerfontseeker Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    @ucbalumnus I will look into them. thank you. Also do you have any suggestions regarding my stats?
    Does anyone have any other thoughts on my chances?
  • MomofKZMomofKZ Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    I'm new to this (have a HS sr) and we have been saving as best as possible for our children's college educations since they were born (and still don't have enough), but one college funding option I've heard is for student to borrow money from his parents and pay them back with or without interest after college. While you might not want to ask them for money outright, what about a loan? Also, have you asked them about helping you pay for college? They might be willing to help a little. We have been paying for our kids their whole childhoods (after school programs, special school trips, club sports, music lessons, etc.), but we don't want them to have a huge amount of debt after college so we will pay as much as we can (and hope the school will give merit or need-based aid) and they will work during the summer and some during college to pay for college.

I don't have any feedback on your chances or recs for college. My sr is not looking at CS.

All the best to you!
    Bump, got a 1500 on the last SAT.
2»