right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Williams Class of 2018 ED

Elle1997Elle1997 6 replies2 threads New Member
edited December 2013 in Williams College
Hello Eveyone! I just applied early decision to Williams! Anyone else out there going for the class of 2018?
edited December 2013
106 replies
Post edited by Elle1997 on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Williams Class of 2018 ED

• carlucillcarlucill 22 replies2 threads New Member
    I sent my app in as well. Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • ThursdaysSymeThursdaysSyme 9 replies1 threads New Member
    I'm refining the last aspects of my application (essays), but count me in as an ED applicant!
    · Reply · Share
  • FoxboroPiperFoxboroPiper 80 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Good luck to all! Shoot me a message if you have any last-minute questions for a Williams student.
    · Reply · Share
  • JackTornsonJackTornson 13 replies3 threads New Member
    I'm sending my app in tomorrow. will this be the thread where we post results?
    · Reply · Share
  • swimmer24swimmer24 41 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Just sent in my app, does anyone know if there is a portal where we can see if our application has been submitted and then see if we are accepted?
    · Reply · Share
  • Jumbo3695Jumbo3695 20 replies0 threads New Member
    I am applying ED to Williams too! But I have yet to submit my app... still struggling to fine-tune the Window supp lol.
    · Reply · Share
    Same here, Jumbo. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my essays!
    · Reply · Share
    I know right hahaha. I've been editing non-stop... guess I'm just not a good writer T.T
    Are you guys all domestic applicants?
    · Reply · Share
    Ok, I just submitted my app. Best of luck to everyone out there! x) I am an intl applicant from Vietnam btw.
    · Reply · Share
  • EzNizarEzNizar 11 replies2 threads New Member
    Greetings from Morocco, and good luck to all!
    · Reply · Share
  • WachataWachata 3 replies0 threads New Member
    I submitted Saturday and they sent me an email stating that everything was there and gave me a Williams account.
    · Reply · Share
  • Elle1997Elle1997 6 replies2 threads New Member
    Hi! I submitted my application a couple of weeks ago and I have not gotten an e-mail from Williams yet saying they have everything. I did get an e-mail from the common app saying everything was submitted but I'm worried that I have not heard from williams. When do they send you the e-mail? Do you have to have all your teacher recs and school materials in before they give u you a williams account?
    · Reply · Share
    Hey Elle1997, I submitted my app on Nov 9 and then received an email leading me to my Williams account on Nov 11. My counselor has not sent in everything though. Make sure you've already checked your spam.
    · Reply · Share
  • ItsafamilyaffairItsafamilyaffair 30 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Elle, definitely time to call or email admissions. My S applied on Friday and received email on Sunday. I did see somewhere on their site that they would begin acknowledging applications on November 6th but that is already six days ago. That checking spam suggestion is wise too!
    · Reply · Share
    I sent my application on Nov. 6, and Williams sent me an email on Nov. 7 that they acknowledged my application. My Williams Account states that everything I sent was retrieved on the seventh.

A few questions for other ED people. Have any of your counselors submitted an ED agreement? That's the only thing my application is missing so far. I asked my counselor if retrieved any email regarding an ED agreement, but she said she hasn't gotten anything yet. Just wondering if this is the same for everyone else.

Also, anyone still filling out paperwork for Financial Aid? According to Williams, the deadline to submit material for financial aid is the fifteenth.
    · Reply · Share
  • EzNizarEzNizar 11 replies2 threads New Member
    You ought to check the Counselor's agreement on the CommonApp Assign recommender, in my case my counselor submitted it and now there's a "Downloaded" sign next to the ED Agreement field.
    · Reply · Share
  • questionautquestionaut 7 replies2 threads New Member
    Can everyone here see their application checklist? I was able to see it a few days ago but can't now. It only has my address and application number.
    · Reply · Share
  • harvesterharvester 136 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Questionaut,

Having the same issue, the checklist was there and is now gone as of today.
    · Reply · Share
  • questionautquestionaut 7 replies2 threads New Member
    Harvester,

Good to hear I'm not the only one. Does that mean we were denied you think? I know it's stupid to say so but at least in the past with other schools, your account would be "closed down" after a denial (at least in the Harvard situation from a previous thread I read).

But it's hard to believe they would have made a decision in 3 days. Would you mind sharing your stats either here or privately? If you're a qualified applicant then I doubt they would have cut you before going to the whole admissions board.

As for me, my academic transcript isn't stunning, nor are my SATs. Weighted GPA is over a 100, UW is like a 93. SATs were 740 CR, 660 M, 800 W (220). No rank but I'm in the top 10 percent. That's why I was afraid I was "weeded out" by the initial readers, so I'm wondering if it could have been the same for you.

EDIT: Looked at your post history and saw you were a recruited athlete, so I don't think that's likely that we were already denied, unless I made a mistake.
    · Reply · Share
    My checklist disappeared too. I don't think it necessarily means 'denial'... I mean, they don't make decisions that fast right? My counselor has yet to send in everything.
    Questionaut, your scores are fine. Don't worry too much. Everyone seems to have this 'gone checklist' issue.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity