right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Williams College Waitlist 2024

evyseeevysee 8 replies2 threads New Member
edited September 15 in Williams College
Hi Im currently waitlisted at Williams and I noticed there's no discussion, which is why I started this one.
edited September 15
59 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Williams College Waitlist 2024

• u392302u392302 70 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I was just about to start one! Thank you for creating this thread. How is everyone doing, with Covid in full swing across the globe? I hope everyone's safe and healthy.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheGreyKingTheGreyKing 2262 replies104 threads Senior Member
    edited April 14
    I am merging two duplicate threads. This is now the waitlist thread.
    On the other thread, @evysee also asked:
    I'm on the Williams waitlist and I couldn't find any discussions, which is why I've started this one. Hopefully this will be a place where we can offer up advice and ask questions regarding the waitlist this year.
    And now my question: I know that the waitlist FAQ states that additional LORs are not needed, but I have heard students in the past still sending them and I want to send one too. Does anyone know how to send the letter to the admissions office?
    edited April 14
    · Reply · Share
  • mariapaulamariapaula 7 replies0 threads New Member
    @evysee I don't think admissions appreciates you sending them more information, unless there's been a significant change in your situation. However, since you asked, here are the emails of admissions.

https://www.williams.edu/admission-aid/connect/meet-our-team/

Class of '20
    · Reply · Share
  • bkatguybkatguy 82 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist from Williams? Over the last 2 weeks, I’ve gotten off the list for Lehigh and UMich. Hoping for Williams too.
    · Reply · Share
  • u392302u392302 70 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I don't think Williams has activated the waitlist yet. They might sometime soon though.
    · Reply · Share
    I hope so. Need to make decisions soon
    · Reply · Share
  • ivegraduatedmomivegraduatedmom 60 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited April 26
    @bkatguy -- Williams joined a number of colleges that extended their RD acceptance deadline from May 1 to June 1 because of Covid-19. They won't look at their waitlist until after June 1 when they've digested who has accepted, what the college's needs still are, and how many people they can take off the waitlist. But that's dependent on who sends in their deposits by June 1. If they still need some athletes, or an oboist, or someone to eventual run the Outing Club, they'll reach out to who they need after June 1.
    edited April 26
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks for the info. I guess I’ll need to commit somewhere else and see how it goes. Good luck to all.
    · Reply · Share
  • jjaguar125jjaguar125 18 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I’m off the waitlist!
    · Reply · Share
  • angellinaarayaangellinaaraya 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Congrats! When did you send you LOCI in? Or better said when did you accept your waitlist offer?!
    · Reply · Share
  • NancyJune333NancyJune333 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Hiya. Someone on Reddit was contacted by Williams yesterday (by email) that an update was posted to their portal... they were taken off the waitlist and offered a place. I didn't get the impression that this person was an athlete. So Fyi- Williams is pulling from the waitlist, before June 1. I find this interesting, too.
    · Reply · Share
    Committed to Michigan. I guess if they are pulling off of Williams waitlist, a reconsideration might be in order. Cross that bridge if I get to it.
    · Reply · Share
  • NancyJune333NancyJune333 2 replies0 threads New Member
    That's great! Did you post that on Reddit? If not, that makes two of you!
    · Reply · Share
    @jjaguar125 -- congratulations! That also means Williams is not immune to a big drop in commitments already apparent at other schools, since they receive emails from those who have chosen elsewhere, or are deferring and taking a gap year.

Congratulations to all getting off the waitlist. Just don't give up hope if you don't hear something until later this summer. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
    @jjaguar125 and others: panicked elite colleges pulling early from waitlists, confirmed by the NY Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/us/coronavirus-college-enrollment.html
    · Reply · Share
  • AquarelleAquarelle 9 replies3 threads New Member
    Im also on the waitlist, haven't heard of anything from them yet - good luck to everyone who sees this!
    · Reply · Share
  • MommaB123MommaB123 33 replies0 threads Junior Member
    My son got in off the waitlist - received email on Saturday.
    · Reply · Share
  • OHGAL2OHGAL2 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Congrats! Did Williams require your son to confirm the acceptance within few days or he can wait till June 1st to commit?
    · Reply · Share
  • KenVaticanKenVatican 4 replies0 threads New Member
    edited May 4
    Yes, I got off the waitlist on Saturday too.

Edit: @above: they give you until June 1, thank God.
    edited May 4
    · Reply · Share
  • MommaB123MommaB123 33 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @OHGAL2 Thanks! As @KenVatican says above, by June 1.
    · Reply · Share