Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UK universities - unconditional acceptance questions

lakem22lakem22 Posts: 28Registered User New Member
edited March 2010 in Study Abroad
I got an unconditional acceptance from University of St. Andrews for history, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to attend. I was just wondering if final grades matter - it looks like I'm going to get 4 As and 2 Bs probably, would they revoke admittance based on final grades even if the acceptance is unconditional? And if not, do I even have to send the final grades?

Thanks!
Post edited by lakem22 on

Replies to: UK universities - unconditional acceptance questions

• Dionysus58Dionysus58 Posts: 799- Member
    No they cant revoke it. An unconditional offer means you've already satisfied their admission criteria. I dont think you need to send them your grades unless they ask for them, but email the history department and ask just to be sure.
  • SpritelingSpriteling Posts: 338Registered User Member
    An unconditional offer is just that, unconditional. You could fail all your classes and they wouldn't be able to revoke your offer.

You may need to send in some proof of older grades; the ones on which they gave you your unconditional, but they'll let you know if you need to.