Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCSC VS ASU HELLLPPPP PLEASE

lilah1022lilah1022 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
So I got into both, UCSC was my top choice for so long. I then realized it maybe it wasn't right for me because there were so many hippies and seems like no nightlife. I have a little hippie in me but I don't like extreme liberals. I had a very low chance of getting into UCSC but I did, coming from outofstate under all requirements. ASU I think might be too jocky with too many bros. I need help deciding which one is a better school based on academics, nightlife, and student body. I am planning on living in CA after college so idk if one is better than the other. I am studying to become an Art Administrator.

Replies to: UCSC VS ASU HELLLPPPP PLEASE

• ConcertoinDConcertoinD Registered User Posts: 155 Junior Member
    Not sure anyone can best answer your question, given the information at hand. What I would ask is: have you visited both campuses? Talked with students and advisors in your target program? They would welcome you reaching out.

Good luck!
  • STEMFamilySTEMFamily Registered User Posts: 1,327 Senior Member
    edited March 2016
    ASU is a huge school with all kinds of people so I think the "too jocky with too many bros" would not be an issue. Same with USC regarding "hippies." Are the majors/department offerings comparable?

I think for a future "Art Administrator" the most important thing would be the cost comparison between the two. Does one require your parents taking a lot more in loans than the other?

If the costs are comparable, I would stay in California because employers are much more likely to recruit and hire most of their people locally.
This discussion has been closed.