Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cornell Transfer Option Question (Fall 2018)

mathguy123mathguy123 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Hi,

I was offered a Cornell TO last year for the College of Arts & Sciences. I have everything submitted so far, and now I'm waiting to hear back in April/May like everyone else but I just had a couple questions.

1. Does Cornell offer a TO to the College of Arts & Sciences often? Because I've only seen a TO for CALS/ILR/HumEc

2. For my C&A TO they never really gave specific requirements, all they said was to take a wide variety science/liberal arts classes: which I did. And then they said "Successful Transfer Applicants usually have a 3.5 GPA and no grades below a B." Well the issue is I did receive one grade below a B, but the rest of my classes were an A+, so I'm sitting at a 3.621 GPA. I ended up getting a C+ in a bio class. (TL;DR I was sick on the day of an exam so the professor gave me a 0 and did not allow me to make it up). So I was wondering if my chances were completely ruined by that one grade for a class that is completely unrelated to my intended major. I contacted them regarding the grade, so hopefully they can look past that and see the multiple ECs and other achievements I got over the first semester. And plus I'm sitting at all A+'s at my midterm report.

Thanks!

Replies to: Cornell Transfer Option Question (Fall 2018)

• ruby21ruby21 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    edited April 15
    I'd say you still have a chance! I was a TO for HumEc this term, got a C+ in a statistics class and then had to post-hoc withdraw from another class the following semester because I had a family emergency the week of finals and that professor didn't let me make it up. Even though I had all As in everything else, I thought my chances were shot - and they still let me in!
  • oldfortoldfort Registered User Posts: 22,309 Senior Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were to look beyond your one C+, especially since your overall GPA is above 3.5.
  • lenasharblenasharb Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    @mathguy123 did you get in?