right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Standardizing college theatre / musical theatre auditions

1234568»

Replies to: Standardizing college theatre / musical theatre auditions

• collegemom2000collegemom2000 286 replies13 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 299 Junior Member
    @EmsDad and @stagedoormama thank you! I'm completely in favor of the coach idea. I went back and forth on it for a while in my head but I think we need one. We definitely will not be applying to any schools that require airline tickets or expensive hotels...mainly because I want my daughter within driving distance once she is in college. Considering the odds of making a lucrative career in MT, I am really reluctant to put out tons of cash just on the prospect of getting admitted. Full disclosure: I spent two years at performing arts school myself and discovered quickly that it was a waste of two years (luckily many of those PA school credits transferred to my four year university and I got a solid BS degree three years later.)
    · Reply · Share
  • toowonderfultoowonderful 4077 replies68 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,145 Senior Member
    I would estimate we spent less than $1500... for the whole thing. I would say our largest expense was the application/audition fees as we had no coach (D has a voice teacher, but we would have been paying her anyway, so not a "new" cost), minimal travel expenses (several schools within driving distance, and we could drive to Chicago unifieds for the others. My husband travels for work, so when we needed hotels we could use points). Now, D only auditioned for 7 schools, so that impacts costs as well - the people with the long lists are in a different situation. Just saying, it doesn't HAVE to cost a fortune, though I will freely admit we had a major geographic advantage being in the midwest
    · Reply · Share
  • vvnstarvvnstar 1711 replies22 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,733 Senior Member
    We also used Mary Anna and paid something similar to what @EmsDad paid. I would say most students were more in that range although some that lived closer to her may have worked with her more frequently. We also lived far from Dallas and did most of our work with her via Skype. It worked very well. We would highly recommend her. She was great to work with as was the song coach she connected us with. Loved Moonifieds. And the support of fellow Moo Crew students and parents. Mary Anna was so supportive at Unifieds as well. Her videos and books were invaluable. And she was terrific in helping us think things through when trying to make a final decision.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity