Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Parents of the HS Class of 2022

Replies to: Parents of the HS Class of 2022

• basil1basil1 Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    My daughters on a trip across the country with her 8th grade. I just talked to her and she sounded so grown up. It really is going fast!
  • momof2boys65momof2boys65 Registered User Posts: 88 Junior Member
    Well S22 didn't make the team and S18 got rejected from the final college. A disappointing week all around! Now we are off to Accepted Students day at one of his top picks. I will look forward to this month being over. Then it starts all over again with #2!
  • vistajayvistajay Registered User Posts: 1,358 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the bad week, @momof2boys65 . I have an S18 and S22 as well. S22 anticipates living large next year in his brother's absence, but I know he is going to miss him terribly.
  • basil1basil1 Registered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    Hi @13street I've twin boys in the class of 2024. Sorry @momof2boys65--and yes, he will miss his brother!
  • MAandMEmomMAandMEmom Registered User Posts: 1,476 Senior Member
    Joining in from several other sub-boards. I have a D22 who will go to a local day school in our nearest city. She was WL at D20’s boarding school but the local option is excellent. Also have a S19 who is in public school and looking at colleges now.
  • redfraggleredfraggle Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Ok, I'm jumping in. I have a D who is class of 2022. I also have an S20, S26, and S29 (gosh I hope those dates are right-basically I have a 1st and 4th grader, too). We've had a rough year with S20 with mental health issues, but I think we are coming out of it ok, and we'll be starting that college process very very soon. D22 is a different kid, VERY smart, but socially motivated (S20 likes video games). She is looking forward to high school for the social aspects and is planning her after school activities (Fall field hockey, Winter cheer, Spring Lax). She shadows a vet, is in the musical, and plays percussion in the band. All of which she may drop depending on her sport try-outs for high school. It's going to be a wild ride with her! Of course, I didn't expect my older S to give us such a scare this year, so I've kind of learned to just go with the flow and as long as the ball is in play it will all work out.
  • 13street13street Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow @redfraggle you have an amazing D22. Looking forward to following her story.
  • dadof2ddadof2d Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    It is nice to see this thread. D18 is off to St. Olaf next year, and we are thinking about where D22 might want to go in four years.
  • flmom26flmom26 Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    S18 has made his decision and will be off to school in the fall. S21 is next up. Luckily, he's been on the campus tours with S18, so we're ahead of the game in that regard.
  • flmom26flmom26 Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    Just realized I'm posting on the 2022 thread. Too much Easter candy this morning!
  • GoodGrief16GoodGrief16 Registered User Posts: 509 Member
    Old parent checking in! I have a D13 who is a college graduate and married, a D16 currently in her soph year of college, and then D22. My older two were homeschooled to varying degrees through high school, but the baby has been fully immersed in public school since fifth grade, and will attend a public high school next year.
  • hopewhite25hopewhite25 Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    I have D22 and l am looking forward to the small break I am going to take. Just finishing up with D18, who is set to decide between MIT and Duke, and man am I ready for a little time away from the process. :) Also had D15, so the process does seem to be getting easier. But, D22 is a much different child from her siblings. I am sure it will be a fun ride when we start everything. Fortunately, while looking for her older sisters she has gotten to tour a ton of colleges. I see her at a small college, as she is not a fan of crowds. But, on the flip side, she seem to have an interest in veterinary medicine and we have a great in state option in NC State.
  • sfSTEMsfSTEM Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    Anyone else started looking at the high school courses, with an eye toward things like AP course?I've got an idea about the quantity of APs and which ones my son would like. But he'll obviously make decisions about things as the years unfold. Still, I want to ensure we're aware of what he needs to do for certain AP courses.
  • Rivet2000Rivet2000 Registered User Posts: 749 Member
    We're trying to avoid the AP race. We're planning on taking the same route as we did with our son (HS class 2016): none in freshman year, one in sophomore, two in junior year, and one in senior year. All other classes will be honors.