right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Discover Swarthmore 2019

kay615kay615 0 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
Hi everyone! I applied to the Discover Swarthmore program, and am eager to see who else applied? I’m extremely nervous but also kind of excited? I noticed that there wasn’t a thread so I figured I’d make one. Hopes, stats, essay topics, anything? :)
12 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Discover Swarthmore 2019

• 1SB3BaseballMom1SB3BaseballMom 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    My daughter applied for the Discover Program. She has a 33 ACT/34 Superscore (which I don't think Swarthmore considers ACT Superscore?). She has taken 7 AP classes through her junior year. 3.98 UW/105+ weighted GPA. We are from Texas. Does anyone know how many applicants are typically accepted?
    · Reply · Share
  • BurgermeisterBurgermeister 364 replies7 threadsRegistered User Member
    Yes, Swat super scores.
    · Reply · Share
  • penguiny2001penguiny2001 33 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Just got my results 40 minutes ago. Rejected but fee waiver :)
    · Reply · Share
  • bearcat223bearcat223 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Just got rejected as well. 1490 Sat, 4.35 GPA. My essay was okay, it took me a day to write, but I thought it was pretty strong.
    Best of luck to everyone else!
    · Reply · Share
  • penguiny2001penguiny2001 33 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Similar stats. I think my ECs are decent, and my essay was alright. Probably cuz I'm asian and middle class
    · Reply · Share
  • DisneyUniversityDisneyUniversity 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    edited August 8
    Rejected today. 1540 SAT, 34 ACT, 94 GPA. 9 APs through junior year, registered for 4 more APs senior year. Application fee waived. I’m thinking this is indicative of a rejection after application process despite Swarthmore insisting that it’s not.
    edited August 8
    · Reply · Share
  • mochi12mochi12 24 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @DisneyUniversity No, rejection by Discover Swarthmore isn't indicative of rejection of admission. My child didn't get into this fly-in program but was was accepted for admission months later. Although all can apply, they probably give priority to the URM like all the other similar fly-in programs. If you are an Asian male interested in LACs, you may have great chances to be invited to the fly-in programs offered by Vassar, Carleton, and Grinnell.
    · Reply · Share
  • TrendaLeighTrendaLeigh 73 replies15 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    My daughter hasn't heard back yet. Anyone else still waiting to hear?
    · Reply · Share
  • HopefullyBrown24HopefullyBrown24 11 replies3 threadsRegistered User New Member
    All decisions should be out by now. Did she check her spam? Mine was in my spam.
    · Reply · Share
  • DisneyUniversityDisneyUniversity 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    That’s hopeful news to hear about admissions. Congrats. Caucasian.
    · Reply · Share
  • clgApp20clgApp20 13 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Rejected.
    (stats: 1580 SAT; 4.88W GPA; 11 AP's; 800's in Math-2 and Physics; decent EC's but nothing spectacular; 300 hrs community service; essay around my community-service + interest-in-major adapted for the prompt - think it came out fine). I wasn't expecting to get in anyway - not URM or first-gen (middle class asian male interested in science). Got the app fee waiver - hope this is a positive indication. I am going to apply anyway.
    Congratulations to everyone who got in and good luck to everyone else for admissions.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1SB3BaseballMom1SB3BaseballMom 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    My daughter was not accepted, but was given a few waiver for her application. She's very, very likely going to apply ED1.
    · Reply · Share