right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have identified a log in issue that is preventing some members from accessing the site. The support team is diligently working on resolving it. We hope to have an update soon. Read more here. Thanks for your understanding!

Chances of getting into Phillips Exeter Academy

fluffypancake78fluffypancake78 1 replies1 threads New Member
Hi!
My name is Anna and I'm from Russia but I currently live in Slovakia (eastern Europe). I attended a British International School in Bratislava from grade 1-7, and then transferred to a German School in grade 8. Now I am a 10th grade student and I want to apply to Phillips Exeter Academy. I am very nervous because I think that my achievements aren't enough compared to all the other applicants. So here's a brief overview.

- I speak Slovak, Czech, Russian, English and German fluently. (5 languages)
-My french is good, but not fluent. I am currently mastering French and Italian.
-I play the piano for 8 years now and last year I finished music school.
-I took the Grade 1 and Grade 2 royal ABRSM music theory exam and got 95 percent.
-I won a short story competition at the english school twice in a row.
-I won a Shakespeare competition where I had to read a monologue.
-I volunteered at a nursing home until it closed, I interned for Habitat for Humanity and I currently teach maths to a man with Schizophrenia.
-I attend Model UN and Model EP.
-I walk dogs on weekends.
-I enjoy playing tennis.
-I am very passionate about medicine and I plan on going to medical school and becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon.
-My grades were excellent back at the British school, but my grades dropped significantly the first year I came to the german school, because everything was in german and everyone was fluent in german and I knew absolutely no german.
-My grades were:
5 A+
6 A
3 B
(Overall GPA 3.9)
-I still don't know how my SSAT's are going to go.

So overall what do you think my chances are of getting into PEA?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances of getting into Phillips Exeter Academy

• one1ofeachone1ofeach 293 replies9 threads Member
    International applicants are very hard to judge! You seem very qualified. I would apply to more than just Exeter though. If you really want to come to school in the US there are many great boarding schools.
    · Reply · Share