right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Which school is better Cal Poly pomona or San jose state?

acre1993acre1993 14 replies10 threads Junior Member
I got into Cal Poly Pomana and I'm waiting on San Jose State.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Which school is better Cal Poly pomona or San jose state?

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30323 replies393 threads Forum Champion
    Major? Costs? Have you visted both? Better for what?
    · Reply · Share
  • acre1993acre1993 14 replies10 threads Junior Member
    My major is Accounting. I've visited San Jose State tons of times due to the fact that I live 10 minutes away from. As for Cal Poly Pomona I heard that its known for Engineering. I've never visited Cal Poly Pomona though.
    · Reply · Share
  • AMCdadAMCdad 325 replies7 threads Member
    After having gone through the college search process with both of my children (junior at Cal Poly SLO, senior in high school waiting for acceptances), I can say confidently that it is very important to visit a campus you are thinking of attending. There are so many factors that go into the decision, but in the end, YOU have to LIVE there for four or more years.

@Gumbymom has provided a really good short list of criteria for a decision: Major? (does the school have a quality program in my field of interest?) Costs? (does the school fit my budget?) Have you visted both?(can I see myself living there for four or five years?).

If you have the first two figured out, time for a road trip.
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30323 replies393 threads Forum Champion
    I would also check out the Career center for both campuses and see which employers recruit from each school. SJSU has the advantage of being located in a large city. CPP is more suburban so LA jobs/internships would require longer commutes and reliable transportation.
    · Reply · Share