Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard Class of 2023 Waitlisted Discussion

Replies to: Harvard Class of 2023 Waitlisted Discussion

• ibanker38ibanker38 Registered User Posts: 92 Junior Member
    did ANYONE get accepted today?
  • classo2023K123classo2023K123 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Have any chem majors heard?- I have nothing
  • David5700044David5700044 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    So when should we expect the next batch of decisions? Next week, or the week after next?
  • destesdestes Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    Hey I didn’t apply but my friend just got rejected from the waitlist. Last year they didn’t take anyone from it so don’t get your hopes up guys!! It’s not a reflection of your character☺️good luck!
  • HonorIsKeyHonorIsKey Registered User Posts: 23 Junior Member
    @David5700044 around may 29-31
  • module195module195 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    I was rejected but didn’t receive an email. I already commented, but I was an asian female w an engineering major. Didn’t apply EA. Thought winning a major award to put on my loci plus being low inc and first gen would help but it’s ok :) Good luck guys! A few more within this community will probably get off soon!
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 42,917 Super Moderator
    edited May 15
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Does anyone know if we can attach links to comments?
    On registering for this site, all users agree to abide by the rules of this forum, which are listed on the registration page, as well as at the bottom of every page on this site.
    http://www.collegeconfidential.com/policies/terms-of-service/
    https://www.collegeconfidential.com/policies/rules/

“Please do not post links to other discussion forums, blogs, personal sites, photos, videos, or other non-authoritative sources. This includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and similar sites/apps. In order to fulfill our mission of being the best college discussion forum, we want important topics to be discussed here at College Confidential. Linking to discussions elsewhere defeats this purpose. ”
    I was trying to make a post but it got flagged I think
    The system flagged the post and I deleted it.
  • LincolnsGFLincolnsGF Registered User Posts: 166 Junior Member
    About the math major thing--not true. I applied RD as a female from the West Coast for math. I got the email at 2:17pm (PST) about a portal update, and I was rejected.
    thanks @skieurope i think the post I was trying to make falls within the perimeters of the policy you indicated, so what should I do? Thanks!
    okay, I was trying to use a google form to help the waitlist community get a better picture of the population of the waitlist applicants, but since it appears I can't attach the link to the form, can you PM me your answer to the following:

Where are you on the waitlist?
    Waitlisted - Still on the waitlist
    Waitlisted - Accepted off the waitlist
    Waitlisted - Turned down waitlist offer
    Waitlisted - Denied/Rejected off the waitlist

I started under an hour ago and have over a dozen responses; I will try to post info once I get more data. Thanks!!!

Original post....

Hey everyone! I know most of us are curious about the size of the waitlist pool, how many people are able to get off, how many turn down the offer to be on the waitlist, etc. SO,... I made this google survey so the waitlist community (and future waitlist applicants) can have a better scope of the waitlist (or at least the illusion of comfort).

Please use this link to complete the survey:

Please feel free to share with others, who you know are on the waitlist. I will try to publish the results here on CC as I get good bits of data.

Thanks and best of luck to all. You will do great anywhere you go.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 42,917 Super Moderator
    thanks @skieurope i think the post I was trying to make falls within the perimeters of the policy you indicated, Thanks!
    It did not conform since it had a prohibited link
    @skieurope alrighty, thank you for checking!
  • hopefulizardhopefulizard Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Just created an account to join the fun. Math major here and still on the waitlist. I haven’t received any email and there are no changes to my applicant portal.
  • jcd881jcd881 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    My friend was just admitted to Harvard today. Their class size is full for the Class of 2023 but they offered her admission to the Class of 2024. Therefore, she will be taking a gap year and then starting at Harvard in the fall of 2020.
    Because of this, I believe the class size is full for the class of 2023 and they are moving to the class of 2024 now.
  • harvardprincetonharvardprinceton Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    God. Dream is over.