Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I-20 Date of Entry/Exit

KC2013KC2013 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Would really appreciate if someone could give me some guidance on this... I have been selected to a grad school in California for Spring 2014 and have just received my I-20 in the post. The course I'm doing is a Special Sessions Course which doesn't fit into the normal semester format in that its 18 months straight through with no breaks (except for 2 weeks at Christmas).

The problem I have is the start and finish dates on the I-20 don't really match the dates for my course. Normal Spring semester classes at the University start in Mid-Jan but my course doesn't start until Mid-Feb If I go with the I-20 as it stands I would have to arrive in the US about 6 weeks before my class starts which seems a bit early. They also have a finish date of Jan 2017 but my course actually finishes in Aug 2015. Can Universities re-issue I-20s if you can demonstrate that your course has start/finish dates that are different from the norm?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.