Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I cannot fathom this leap

computerGuru19computerGuru19 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Okay, so here is my situation. I am an undergrad student attempting to complete my bachelors in computer engineering. Eventually, I want to have a job doing research into something with computational neuroscience. My dream job is a researcher for mental illness and learn about the brain through computational models and mathematics. My question is how do I get there?
Do I get a masters in CS and try to get a Ph D in Neuroscience? Do I try to just jump into a ph D? Does a masters in bioinformatics suffice? Also, how, in general, can I get a job as a pure academic researcher? I feel I cannot get into a good ph D program straight from undergrad because my GPA is a 2.6 and I have had to withdraw from university for extreme circumstances, but plan to get back to school this fall and do much better. Advice on how I can get from where I am to where I want to be?
This discussion has been closed.