right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

University of Portland vs University of Puget Sound for Computer Science?

Mom22CAMom22CA 1 replies2 threads New Member
Hello,

Our son was admitted to both, UoP slightly better merit aid and lower starting cost, but when we priced it all out, it landed close enough financially to consider them both.

I'm curious if anyone has any opinions on either program, or the comparison if you are looking similarly?

We plan to go to the admitted students days for both, and he has already visited UoP but not UoPS.

First time college mom in awe of how different everything is now, so I appreciate any advice!!

Thank you.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: University of Portland vs University of Puget Sound for Computer Science?

• 1lalalalala!lalalalalala!1lalalalala!lalalalalala! 57 replies20 threads Junior Member
    edited February 2
    UoP is ranked slightly better, and considering that its a bit cheaper, I'd go to UoP. I'm no expert though. If u live in Oregon, then I'd definitely go to UoP. Why not Oregon State or U dub (depending on which state u live in)? They have higher name recognition and rank. U dub-Seattle is one of the best in the country for CS.
    edited February 2
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 9538 replies119 threads Senior Member
    Direct admission to CS at the University of Washington is ultra-competitive.
    · Reply · Share