right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

MSU TRANSFER FALL 2020

futuresparty1futuresparty1 3 replies1 threads New Member
Hi all! Haven't seen this forum created yet so I thought I would start it up. I just submitted my application today for the fall of 2020. Right now I am a freshman taking all the recommended courses. Feel free to post your stats down below! Good luck to everyone, go green!!! (:
edited April 7
12 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: MSU TRANSFER FALL 2020

• cassandrarose2cassandrarose2 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hey! I'm actually already a student, but I transferred in for the Fall 2019 semester, so I thought I'd still post my stats!

I had 63.5 credits (just finished my sophomore year) with an overall GPA of 3.62 at the time of applying. I had an essay that I wrote back in high school that I used when applying because I did not really think that I would transfer.

So far its been great on campus, and I hope everyone on here gets an acceptance!

Go Green!
    · Reply · Share
  • PapaNovakPapaNovak 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello! I just applied to MSU today! I am a senior in Midland Michigan. Looking for some piece of mind to help me fall asleep tonight.

I have a 3.6 GPA
    1170 SAT - essay 16
    NHS member
    2 Sport Athlete
    Current Business owner and stock investor

Just curious what my likelihood is of getting accepted. Let me know :)!
    · Reply · Share
  • futuresparty1futuresparty1 3 replies1 threads New Member
    edited October 2019
    Hey! You seem to have a pretty solid chance, especially since you applied ED. Their 2018 stats were:
    High school GPA: 3.5-3.9Total
    SAT: 1,130-1,300
    So, you're well in range of both, also considering you are well rounded and own a business and are involved in sports. I wish you the best of luck! (: @PapaNovak
    edited October 2019
    · Reply · Share
    edited October 2019
    edited October 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • grnm35grnm35 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I applied to transfer for fall 2020 on October 5th. I’m currently doing my second year at community college and after next semester will have 60 credits. My GPA is a 3.5 and my sat was 1210. I’m really nervous since I haven’t heard anything back yet! What is the normal timeline for hearing back usually? Has anyone heard back yet for fall 2020?
    · Reply · Share
  • cassandrarose2cassandrarose2 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    It can unfortunately take a long time for transfer applicants to get their decision. Typically its 8-12 weeks, but it also depends on which major and college you'd be going into. I applied for Fall 2019 transfer in February of 2019, didn't find out my acceptance until the last week of April 2019. Good luck to everyone though, go green!
    · Reply · Share
    @cassandrarose2 thank you for posting your stats! I was wondering, do you think it would harm my chances if I decided not to complete the math credit this year and just complete it at MSU. It says on the website completing the credit will make me a "competitive applicant" My GPA this semester is a 3.6
    · Reply · Share
  • user_508706user_508706 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello! I am planning on transferring to MSU next fall! But I am unsure when I apply, what do I send in? I am currently taking all the required classes at MCC and I just a little help to tell me what I apply with
    · Reply · Share
  • spartanhopeful00spartanhopeful00 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi guys! I realize I’m late to the thread but thought I’d comment anyway.
    I recently applied to MSU as a transfer student from OCC on March 31st. I have a 3.3 gpa and have completed all of the requirements for general admission. I want to attend the college of business. By the end of summer, I will have completed all of the business requirements besides ACC 202 and CSE 102.
    My application status switched to “under review” as of today. Does anyone think I have a chance of getting in for fall 2020?
    · Reply · Share
  • spartanhopeful00spartanhopeful00 3 replies0 threads New Member
    edited April 3
    @user_508706 Hi! I’m assuming you have applied by now. When I applied, I had over 28 credits so I didn’t have to send in any additional stuff—all I did was the application. Then, I self reported my grades into the portal. Have you heard anything back?
    edited April 3
    · Reply · Share
  • ampayneampayne 7 replies1 threads New Member
    The admissions process is very unpredictable. I applied as an in state transfer for the fall as a Hospitality Business major in the College of Business. I have a 3.7 gpa, 48 credits by the time I transfer and the only classes I wasn't able to take were ACC 202 and Nutrition. I was told that I was admissible to the university, but not that major. I decided to change my major to Advertising Management even though it says that I would need to take a psychology and advertising class to get in. I have not taken either, however I was accepted with a major PREFERENCE in Advertising Management anyway. So, apparently I can have this major as a preference without taking one advertising class, but I can't have a major preference in hospitality after taking 6 HOSP classes at my current college? It makes zero since to me.
    · Reply · Share
  • Stevegamer25Stevegamer25 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello. I was deferred from Michigan State and was told to submit my spring semester stats for a final decision. My high school GPA was 4.28 with a 1170 on the SAT. I had 8 AP classes and one varsity sport with NHS and a few clubs. My college GPA is a little over 3.5 after this first year of college with well over 28 credits because of dual enrollment. What are my chance of getting in after be deferred? (P.S- I took an English class last fall semester and just finished my math this spring semester and I am about to submit my transcript.)
    · Reply · Share