right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

New Slippers

PackMomPackMom 7650 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7,667 Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Parent Cafe
I am in dire need of new winter slippers. I have shopped online for days but am so confused. My current well worn slippers are Keens. I have enjoyed them but they don't make the same style anymore and I don't really like the Keens I'm seeing this year.
I also have a pair of LL Bean leather moccasin style that too wide and flat (no cushioning or support). They flop around on my narrow feet therefore..cold toes.

So CC'rs tell me about your favorite slippers. No Uggs please..not in my budget.
$50 would be my very maximum.
edited December 2012
32 replies
Post edited by PackMom on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: New Slippers

• KajonKajon 4349 replies130 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,479 Senior Member
    Isotoners claim to have an arch support.....I don't know, but here is a link. Arch Support Slippers at totes Isotoner

You could always go with the faux fur lined Crocs.
    · Reply · Share
  • BookladyBooklady 3086 replies36 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,122 Senior Member
    What kind of style do you like?
    · Reply · Share
  • 1moremom1moremom 3870 replies95 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,965 Senior Member
    Maryland Square has a few different slipper styles in a narrow width.
    womens slippers | Maryland Square!
    I sometimes wear Capezio ballet slippers, not too supportive though.
    (Few people understand how frustrating narrow feet can be. As Zappos says, Life's better when your shoes stay on your feet.)
    · Reply · Share
  • SteveMASteveMA 6020 replies59 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,079 Senior Member
    I usually get the Isotoners. They probably are not as supportive as your keens though. The problem I have is they stretch out so easily and flop around. I wear them mostly to have something on my feet or my legs hurt vs keeping my feet warm. I don't like any with the sheepskin lining, they irritate my skin too much for some reason. I generally get them at Kohl's or similar. I get the moc style. I have some that have memory foam in them and they are very spongy and soft but they are TOO warm for me.

I just looked up the Keen's--try Lands End or LL Bean for similar styles to the Keens.
    · Reply · Share
  • patsmompatsmom 4153 replies502 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,655 Senior Member
    Slippers Store at FootSmart | Comfort Shoes, Socks, Foot Care & Lower Body Health
    Footsmart generally has supportive shoes. Here's a link to their slippers.
    · Reply · Share
  • ECmotherx2ECmotherx2 2167 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,173 Senior Member
    I like the dearfoam slippers, clog style. They have a thicker sole and comfy lining. Kohl's has them on sale and I think you can also find them on Amazon. They run anywhere from $15.00 on up, depending on sale prices.
    · Reply · Share
  • sureofsomethingsureofsomething 65 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I just got these:
    Amazon.com: Skechers Women's Toasty Slip-On: Shoes
    a little pricer than you wanted, but very supportive
    · Reply · Share
  • emeraldkity4emeraldkity4 34785 replies1076 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 35,861 Senior Member
    No slippers here.
    If I have to go outside without my shoes I will put on my garden clogs from the back porch.
    Usually.
    I have some Acorn sheepskin slippers that are pretty but I don't like slippers!
    · Reply · Share
  • smdur1970smdur1970 909 replies39 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 948 Member
    After stumbling upon Deer Stags Slipperooz a couple of years ago, I finally found the only slippers I'd use from then on. They are pretty ugly, with a poor choice of colors, but I love their comfort, the Velcro closure and the fact that I can wear them outside for a bit. They cost about $40, which is within your target and way above what I normally play, but they're worth it to me.
    · Reply · Share
  • dmd77dmd77 8597 replies66 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,663 Senior Member
    You don't like the Keen Howsers in wool? I know people who love them. KEEN Footwear - Mobile

Personally, I don't really wear slippers, but I keep a pair of Crocs by the door for that quick trip outside. Plus, no matter how much the puppy chews on them, it's not a problem. They seem to be indestructible.
    · Reply · Share
  • SilpatSilpat 1282 replies20 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,302 Senior Member
    I try hard to avoid buying anything made in the PRC, so for winter slippers I shop for Haflinger and FitFlop. Amazon currently has several styles of Haflinger slippers discounted to within your price range, while the lowest I saw for FitFlop was $60. Something I use as a slipper or house shoe in warm weather is Arcopedico's slide. Hammacher-Schlemmer has it on sale now for $29; usually it's about twice that. Sierra Trading Post and Amazon have both been good sources for great discounts on non-PRC shoes and slippers, if I can be patient enough to check their inventory for a month or so before ordering.
    · Reply · Share
  • LergnomLergnom 7737 replies189 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7,926 Senior Member
    The only brand that gives me as much support as Keen's is Haflinger and I give the nod to Haflinger.

My alternative is a pair of Dansko slip-on clogs. They often have them on sale at danskooutlet.com.
    · Reply · Share
  • blueiguanablueiguana 7401 replies95 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7,496 Senior Member
    Honestly, I wear my fake uggs from Costco. I have a couple of pairs and rarely wear them out of the house anymore as I like my riding boots better. My feet and ankles freeze all winter. I slip them on with no socks most of the time and they keep me toasty warm.
    · Reply · Share
  • deega123deega123 643 replies46 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 689 Member
    I have narrow feet and I love Acorn boiled wool slippers. Sierra Trading has good prices

Women's Boiled Wool in Footwear at Sierra Trading Post
    · Reply · Share
  • momjrmomjr 2185 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,193 Senior Member
    Target has knockoff Uggs slippers for about $20. They're very warm and comfy.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2016BarnardMom2016BarnardMom 1849 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,852 Senior Member
    I have Mukluks and I love them. If it isn't snowy or rainy outside, I can dash to the corner store in them even.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 73310 replies3190 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76,500 Senior Member
    Sorel Nakiska Slippers - Women's - Free Shipping at REI.com

I have these. They are $65 at REI, but check around. I believe they carry them at Cabelas also. I got my last pair on sale for $35. They are very comfy...and warm. And they have a good sole for outside walking to the mailbox...or inside wear.
    · Reply · Share
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids 83926 replies1003 discussionsForum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,929 Forum Champion
    Honestly, I wear my fake uggs from Costco. I have a couple of pairs and rarely wear them out of the house anymore as I like my riding boots better. My feet and ankles freeze all winter. I slip them on with no socks most of the time and they keep me toasty warm.

me too!
    · Reply · Share
  • intparentintparent 36291 replies644 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 36,935 Senior Member
    I like shearling slippers, but have found the LL Bean ones to be lower quality and not as comfortable the last time I bought them. I have been quietly coveting these:

RIDGELINE SHEARLING SLIPPER - Slippers - Footwear & Bags | Robert Redford's Sundance Catalog

Might buy them for myself as a Christmas gift if I get a job by then... or maybe they will go on sale after Christmas. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • PackMomPackMom 7650 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7,667 Senior Member
    Thanks for all the ideas. Don't like the Keen Howser because the opening at the top is pretty tight..don't want to wrestle my slippers. Treid on some Acorn booties but they seemed so squishy. Another style might be better. I guess since I've been wearing the Keens for awhile, I'm used to a more sturdy sole.

Tried on the Sorel Nakiska at REI tonight..liked them pretty well. The suede/sheepskin version was $65 at REI. I saw the same style on Sierra Trading Post only it was a sweater knit instead of the sheepskin and was about half the price. I'm a dedicated STP shopper.
    Saw the Haflingers and read all the great reviews. Will have to go back and see where I found them. I've also been shopping 6pm.com Their prices are pretty competitive too. Any more ideas/opinons are welcomed.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity