Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Public Behavior - What Are Your Peeves?

momo2x2018momo2x2018 Registered User Posts: 685 Member
edited April 13 in Parent Cafe
Mine: Among many other peeves, I find it really annoying to go out to eat and be be seated in proximity to somebody who either doesn't know or doesn't care about their *volume*. At dinner last night, I was seated near a woman whose voice and laugh made my head tremble - so obviously loud and intrusive on other diners, she obviously didn't care to tone herself down; that, and the fact her multitude of shopping bags were spilling into the walkway, I wanted to *accidentally* knock over my glass and watch it land on her Prada tote. People should stay in their own space, and that includes keeping their voices to * just across the table * volume.

Yes, I was not a happy camper yesterday, LOL!

Replies to: Public Behavior - What Are Your Peeves?

• BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 38,095 Senior Member
    Ubers and Lyfts parking in lanes marked "Bus Only." Not just dropping off someone and peeling off, literally waiting for their pax for more than 5 minutes! The buses can't pull next to the stop, and it adds many hours of commute time a year for thousands of commuters!
  • wisteria100wisteria100 Registered User Posts: 4,113 Senior Member
    People who rush through doors, when others are trying to exit.
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon Registered User Posts: 2,862 Senior Member
    Slow walkers in the grocery aisle, and of course they do this in the center of the aisle.

Waiting in a long line where everyone is a few feet behind the other, except that one person who leaves a 5 foot gap. I don’t know why that bothers me so much.
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 Registered User Posts: 5,138 Senior Member
    People who shout on the phone, full volume, on the train.

Unruly children in high end restaurants. (The load obnoxious talker described by OP would have bugged me too).

Bikes on the sidewalks instead of in the adjacent bike lanes (and cyclists who don't think traffic signals apply to them).

• BronxBabyBronxBaby Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Phone conversations at haute voix!
  • Nrdsb4Nrdsb4 Registered User Posts: 16,538 Senior Member
    Middle aged men who park in the space marked "reserved for pregnant women" and literally trot off to the store.
  • NorthernMom61NorthernMom61 Registered User Posts: 4,008 Senior Member
    People who start looking at their phones and texting on the jetway when deboarding a plane. They walk slower and more obliviously than everyone else and block the flow. I almost crashed right into a woman in front of me when her rolling bag a she almost stopped getting off a plane last night. She could have waited the 30 seconds to get off the jetway and pull aside.