1089-T statements

<p>I am new to the site so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong spot. I am a parent of a college student, but also a college student myself. My question is "Can I claim both 1089-T's on my taxes?"</p>

<p>If you paid qualified educational expenses for yourself and your daughter, yes, you are allowed to use each set of expenses to claim the Amer Opp Credit for each of you, if otherwise eligible. You would complete a Form 8863 based on the amounts on each of the 1098's from the colleges. You would then claim two sets of the credits on your return. Go to irs.gov and download Pub 970 (education expenses). They actually don't have the 2011 version up but the 2010 version explains it all very clearly. Good luck! Post back in the financial aid section if you have more questions after you read Pub 970.</p>