1510 + Columbia = Retake? (Cast your vote!)

<p>Yah, there's more to an acceptance than just a score, of course. I just found out, in a speedless manner, thanks to CB, that I earned a 1510 on the Oct. SAT. I realize that Columbia's 25-75 range is 1310-1510...I don't know if a few extra points, say 20-30, would matter. Retake? Cast your vote! Oh, and, unlike the presidential election, you can give the reason(s) behind your vote, if you so desire.</p>

<p>I got a 1510, so I say no.</p>

<p>Absolutely NOT!!! </p>

<p>Even if you got a 1590, it wouldn't matter. Here is the deal, as an adcom so helpfully noted. If your SAT I score fits their range, they never look at it again. That should answer your question.</p>

<p>Thanks freakish and jaug. But jaug--do adcoms always tell the truth? ;-)</p>

<p>Doesn't the Columbia application (just from looking at it online) ask for your individual (math and verbal) highest scores? Is 1510 also the aggregate of those two highest scores, or just your highest single-sitting?</p>

<p>Or is this the first time you've taken the test? If that's the case, then I suppose it certainly couldn't hurt to take it once more...</p>

<p>But if you've already taken the test a few times, then 20 - 30 points shouldn't be a big deal. I don't see why it would be.</p>

<p>u damn overachiever..dont retake it..too risky</p>

<p>don't retake it... what if you do worse? besides, 1510 is a score you should already be proud of (spoken by a 1410er)</p>

<p>as jaug1 said, from what my columbia rep from my state told me, if your score fits their range, they don't look at it again...</p>

<p>1510 is good enough--SAT is a pointless test. Like they said in Babe: "that'll do, pig, that'll do..."</p>

<p>ZZ3</p>

<p>Yah, it was the only time that I've taken the test. Why would it be risky to retake? If Columbia only looks at your highest score, why would it matter if I did worse on the Nov. test?</p>

<p>yeah,. it only asks for the highest math and verbal. I took it twice ad got a 1420 and a 1410...., but my highest combined is a 1510 (800 v,710 m)....so if I had never tkaen it a second time, My score wouldn't have went up, even though it went down.</p>

<p>Why is SAT 1 a pointless test ? Is it because someone not does well on it and tries to play it down?</p>

<p>well, if you think you can get a 1600, and got nothing else important to do, then why not??? after all, it's only 3 hours on a Saturday morning......</p>

<p>LOL good one soul.</p>

<p>I CANNOT believe someone with a 1510 is even considering to re-take it.. DAMN!!!..
Be happy with sucha high score!</p>

<p>Well,even I got 1510 and I retook it after seeing all the gr8 stats of people at the Ivy League Boards.I am quite happy with my decision,expecting 1600 .lol</p>

<p>I wouldn't retake, SAT is just one thing they judge by and its more of an issue of good enough (which a 1510 is great). Spend your time elsewhere, even a 1600 wouldnt help that much over a 1510</p>

<p>I got a 1510 too, and even though I think I can do better, it's really kind of bitchy to retake a score that high. Many people won't even come close to getting it, so saying that your score isn't good enough seems really unfair. I really think you will be fine, or atleast I hope so cus then I'll be fine too.</p>

<p>I just finished reading a book written by a former admissions representative from Duke. She said that basically for Duke there was a certain cutoff which was in the high 1400's. As long as the SAT was above that mark then the student was assigned a 5 and that was it. So any score whether it was a perfect 1600 or a 1500 or even in the upper 1400's was all the same... a perfect "5".</p>