<p>1580 SAT, little less than 3.0 GPA, short art club experience (only came to 2 meetings). I have taken two AP tests and have got a 3 both times. I am currently in AP English. I can still get into another club before the high school year is over if you think I should.</p>
<p>I am taking Geometry my senior year though. I don’t know if that is a problem.</p>
<p>My background I think can help me with my personal essay. I am poor and am on food stamps and free/reduced lunch. My parents are currently unemployed, my dad has been to jail, my brother has beaten my mom, etc. I’m basically an angry poor kid. My grades have dipped dramatically up and down sense the 6th grade because of my life circumstances. My semsesters are useually something like 5 As and one B or I have a few Bs, Ds, and a C and a F.</p>
<p>I have no money for college. I am just starting to look into scholarships and have been looking for a job for a few years but can’t get one. I am currently a senior.</p>
<p>Any advise would help me because I don’t know what to do.</p>
<p>Your background is no justification for your horrible grades. I come from the same background and I maintain an A average. Being an angry poor kid should motivate you to work harder.</p>
<p>^It’s an outstanding fact that you were able to get perfect grades on that situation, woeishe. However, you should realize that not everyone can do that, and I do believe OP’s situation can affect his/her academic performance.</p>
<p>I live in Washington state. I am thinking of majoring in Psychology. Maybe sound engineering.</p>
<p>@woeishe
and it’s not just about being poor, i live in a violent and depressing environment that can be very stressfull and draining. it’s distracting, not motivating.</p>
<p>@ woeishe; what was the point of your post? if it was to brag about your achievements, then, good job. but there is no way you know if you came from the “same background”. op’s description is too vague for you “justify” that “Being an angry poor kid should motivate you to work harder”. that was a rude post to post in a concerned person’s thread.</p>
<p>@ op; if you were from cali, i would’ve given you some schools. i don’t know anything about washington except… u of washington lol. anywho, good luck on your endeavors. you deserve a great education. i’m sure any school can offer that! (maybe i’m biased because we’re both majoring in psych… ;))</p>