Hello, rising senior here who is looking to apply to Burnett’s BS/MD program.
- GPA - 4.0 UW / 5.0 W out of 6.0 (top 10%)
- ACT - 35
- AP exams - 8 taken and passed so far; 8 more senior year
- SAT IIs - Literature (710), US History (700), will take Math II and Chem
- ECs - hospital volunteering, 2 leadership positions
(vague for privacy, not worried about ECs)
- Florida resident and Asian if that matters
From what I’ve gathered, because applications are considered on a rolling basis, applying early is the most ideal.
But I have a few concerns:
(1) Even if I apply (and hopefully) am accepted early, I still want to apply to around 20 other schools. According to UCF’s website, the best way to ensure I have a seat is to send in the deposit as soon as I’m sure I will attend. I’m worried that if I am accepted but don’t send the deposit, my seat will be filled before I can decide.
(2) My SAT subject tests are pretty weak. Does Burnett Medical place a heavy emphasis on subject tests?
(3) I’ve read the UCF official website, but I’m still not sure exactly what an “ideal candidate” for the program is.