2nd choice or community college?

<p>Which is generally better? </p>

<p>Going to a local community college, taking classes and working a lot, or going to a second choice university, and then trying to transfer?. I'd rather do the community college course, but would it look better if I went to another "university" and tried to transfer?</p>

<p>Also, I know the list of required courses for transferring at the school I want to go too, is it possible to transfer from community college after one year, or is it generally two years?</p>

<p>It really depends on what school you're trying to transfer to...</p>

<p>What is your 1st choice college, and what other colleges are you also interested in?</p>

<p>I would check the track record of the community college you're interested in. See what schools students have successfully transferred into and the trends for transfer credit acceptance. If both fit your interests, do your best to take intensive courses (nothing more than you can handle or you'll be hurting yourself and your chances) and get as close to a 4.0 as possible. Otherwise, consider similar options at a cheap state school.</p>

<p>It is possible to transfer after a year at some colleges. Depends on the program. If you can meet the requirements in a year and they allow for soph. transfers go for it. I know programs (UVA McIntire, for example) that only accept junior transfers. Best of luck.</p>

<p>it depends on what college youre applying to.
im in comm college now, and STILL waiting for transfer decision (soph.)
for most general classes, i think either in comm coll or uni will be the same and it wont hard to be transfered.
wht is your 2nd choice uni?</p>