3.0ish - Help me out?

<p>Hey everyone, hoping I can get some help looking for a good LAC in Northeast but if any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Preferably, I'm looking for a liberal leaning school with large enrollment, near a metropolitan city... the two are interchangeable though. For example UMass Amherst or Eugene Lang. I would like to know my chances at other schools like NYU, Fordham, American University, Clark University, Drew University, Pace, SUNY Purchase, Ramapo, Temple, Here is some info:</p>

<p>White - Male - Southern California</p>

<p>Freshman: 2.57 (First Semester), 2.67 (Second Semester
Sophomore: 2.86 (FS), 3.00 (SS)
Junior: 3.43 (3.57 weighted FS), 2.86 (weighted w/ first honors, SS)</p>

<p>(2 APs in Junior Year, 2 in Senior)</p>

<p><em>Other info: *</em>I go to a very rigorous Catholic, College Prep school where grade inflation is non-existant...<br>
-3 Years Cross Country (will be all 4)
- 1 year track
- Charter Member of Diversity Team
- Ecocentric Environment Club
- Toshiba Exploravision Honorable Mention Award
I have also won a nationally accredited Diversity/Leadership award and have some pretty significant community service. Any advice would be great, thanks!</p>

<p>ohh!!! and Rutgers New Brunswick!!!! ...please people, I would really appreciate any advice</p>

<p>What do FS and SS mean? Have you taken the SAT or ACT? What APs?</p>

<p>Would you consider Goucher? In Baltimore, near DC....you would be a very desirable applicant there on a lot of levels.</p>

<p>FS = First Semester
SS = Second Semester... sorry</p>

<p>Though I haven't gotten my SAT score yet, I'm shooting for around 1750-1850...</p>

<p>I am considering Goucher, it's just a smaller school and I've heard mixed reviews about it... However, I hear that it is very liberal and strongly emphasizes diversity, which I love.</p>

<p>Sorry, but this is what i think</p>

<p>American U, NYU and Fordham, along with Pace are quite unreachable..this is coming from an ex senior in high school who applied with a 3.0 witH ALL HONOR COURSES...well to be real, i only applied to american and got rejected. the other schools, i truly don't know never heard of them.</p>

<p>I forgot to mention that my unweighted cum GPA is 3.02/ weighted is 3.09. I understand that being an out-of-state male could really help me, but I don't really know to what extent...</p>

<p>Your in the same exact boat as me. I have had a steady 3.0 unweighted throughout all of HS, except I take only honors and APs. NYU, Fordham, American, and Rutgers are all VERY unlikely. Rutgers takes in largely in-state kids and the out of staters they take have very good credentials. Temple I don't know, for us people from Philly it is easy to get in, but Southern Cali I have no idea. The others I don't know anything about.</p>

<p>Why are you going to the NE? Thats far far far away from you. Are you looking at any other regions?</p>

<p>A LAC with a large enrollment? They don't exist. In a large city? Rare.</p>

<p>What do you want to study and what can you spend?</p>

<p>Fordham might be possible, if a reach.</p>