3.95 and 4.0

<p>after getting a 4.0 in my freshman and sophomore year, i'm going to get one B this junior year which will bring my cumulative GPA to a 3.95. i'm a bit disappointed because I knew i could've gotten an a in the class (ap english) if i had read the novels. </p>

<p>anyway, how much of a difference will this one b make on my chances at some top schools? i believe it will drop my rank from 1 or 2 down to probably 2 - 3%.</p>

<p>"I knew i could've gotten an a in the class (ap english) if i had read the novels. "
hahahahahaha story of my life</p>

<p>One B probably will not make that big of a difference but each thing matters a little so if you get a second B and say its just one more B, well thats a slippery slope.</p>

<p>But UW3.95 + good scores + good EC's and a good college is in your future :)
If that weighted then you need some AP's but I think its ur UW gpa</p>

<p>it's 3.95 UW and that's what it's gonna be after this year - i can't get any b's in any other classes besides english.</p>

<p>i'm just worried about the drop in class rank. i think i would've been valedictorian if i had maintained the 4.0 but now i'm gonna be in 2% percentile</p>

<p>
[quote]
2% percentile

[/quote]
</p>

<p>I hope you mean 98th percentile.</p>

<p>uh yeah like top 2% haha. but would colleges look at 4.0 a lot differently than 3.95?</p>

<p>No, it's not a big difference.</p>

<p>If you are smart enough to have grades that high, you should be smart enough to know that it will not make a difference.</p>

<p>Let me put it another way. Would you actually <em>want</em> to go to a school that would hold it against you that your GPA was "only" a 3.95?</p>