<p>What is a 4-1-4 calender...I saw this on a school's website and I have no clue what it is. For those of you who have this at your school, do you like it?</p>

<p>Never heard the term but guessing it refers to your school's year -- 4 months for the first semester, then either a one month break or as some schools have a one month school session where you can take a course and complete it in that month, and then a 4 month spring semester.</p>

<p>At some schools it can mean both drusba's description, and the number of courses typically taken: 4 in the fall, 1 in January session and 4 in the spring.</p>

<p>yeah that's what it is at williams--the 1 term is like "winter term," and you're supposed to take something out there just for the fun of it.</p>