5 exams

<p>Im taking EE, CSCI200, GE1, ECON252, BUAD 304 and ENGR 100 next sem, and I was just wondering if anyone could comment on the possible rigor of this combination. Should I stick with it or drop one class to prevent having 5 exams and a possibly annoying/inconvenient exam schedule?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I don’t know anything about any of those classes, but you won’t have conflicting exams as long as your classes aren’t at the same time–exams are assigned by the time the class meets. This is how it will work for next fall: <a href=“http://www.usc.edu/academics/classes/term_20113/finals.html[/url]”>http://www.usc.edu/academics/classes/term_20113/finals.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I was in 5 classes both semesters, and last semester I had five exams during the exam period. I don’t remember it being much of an issue, though having two on one day was not much fun. (This semester I had one exam the last week of classes and my WRIT 140 portfolio).</p>

<p>p.s. I have 7 classes, 5 of which have exams during the exam period next semester, and none of them conflict. So it’s quite possible.</p>

<p>ENGR-100 doesn’t have an exam. I’ve had five classes all with finals before though. They won’t overlap, but sometimes you will have finals on the same day with just an hour in between.</p>

<p>Crap I think Im going to hate same day exams lolz, better look at that exam schedule I guess</p>

<p>I just found out that Im going to have EE/Econ on the same day, and CSCI/GE5 on the same day. Is this reason enough to change my GE5 lol?</p>

<p>I had my GE5 and MUSC 400 finals on the same day, it wasn’t too bad. Also, keep in mind you may not get the GE5 you want if you haven’t already registered.</p>

<p>random question - can anyone tell me when grades are officially released on OASIS for Spring 2011?</p>

<p>[Office</a> of Academic Records and Registrar](<a href=“http://www.usc.edu/dept/ARR/]Office”>Home - Office of Academic Records and Registrar)</p>

<p>this says grades are due by the 17th. So I’m assuming Oasis will be updated by then, if not soon after!</p>

<p>alright Il check by then thanks lol</p>

<p>As a fellow CSBA, I’ll comment on EE 201 (I assume that’s what you’re taking and not 200), CSCI 200, and BUAD 304. </p>

<p>EE 201 has pretty long labs; you’ll be pretty lucky to finish in less than 3 hours. If you’re taking Puvvada (you must!) he gives a lot of work but the class is massively curved, 60-70% will get A/A-. Get Waleed as a TA if he is available, super chill and nice.</p>

<p>CSCI likewise I’ve heard the grading situation isn’t too bad, but the projects are pretty long and the final project will take a really long time (big group project of 10 people or so I’ve heard). I’m taking this next semester.</p>

<p>BUAD 304 - I really hated this class. Pure, unadulterated memorization. This year my format was: one 2 hour lecture every other week, one 1.5 hour online video lecture every week, one 2 hour discussion every week. Roughly a chapter every week. Probably will follow Marshall 3.0 curve closely, meaning A or A- is quite difficult unless you have an abundance of time. Some material you learn is interesting and applicable (e.g. negotiation skills), while most are useless. Super time consuming if you want to get higher than a B+.
Jody likes you if you participate, but I generally hear Bresnehan is nicer (participation).</p>

<p>I luckily took the ECON 200 series, but I hear the BUAD 250’s (or is it ECON 250’s) have a similarly rough grading to BUAD 304.</p>

<p>Good luck with your grades!</p>

<p>Im actually taking EE101 with Redekkop. Im sure the Marshall classes wont be a problem. I’m just really hoping that the coursework I have here doesn’t have content as annoying as Calculus. With Math125 and 126 finally over, I can finally get my 4.0 with a little luck lolz.</p>

<p>Still no grades listed on Oasis?? Any idea when?</p>

<p>check under the completed course summary, they might be there.</p>

<p>found it. thanks!</p>

<p>lol finallly</p>