5 on Calc BC can claim credit for M408C?

<p>Yeah, stupid question, but I'm assuming yes? UT website says 5 on Calc BC can claim credit for M408K and 408L, while 3-4 on Calc BC can claim credit for M408C. Just want to make sure...</p>

<p>I would think so, but you can go here:</p>

<p><a href="https://utdirect.utexas.edu/diia/cbe/petition/index.WBX%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://utdirect.utexas.edu/diia/cbe/petition/index.WBX&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>to see if it shows up as credit you can claim.</p>

<p>Pretty sure you can. There is even a special class of 408D for those who scored high on the BC test, if you choose to take it.</p>

<p>i claimed for m408k and m408L</p>

<p>i went to see an engineering advisor and she was like, u can either take m408m or m408D,
so i guess it is ok if you dont claim m408C and still take m408D
(i dont know if what i said made sense)</p>

<p>I think you should take vector calculus instead of M408D (Calculus II)</p>

<p>At UTD if you do well on the AP Calc test you can opt out of Calc II which is a lot of review (integration techniques, polar/parametric calculus, sequences and series), and go into vector calc. (which starts at where BC Calc cuts off)</p>

<p>To answer the question: Yes</p>

<p>Claim credit for M408K and L and take M408M</p>

<p>M408D is really hectic and the professors cover multiple topics a day.</p>

<p>PS: If you are an engineering student, I suggest try taking this <a href="http://www.ma.utexas.edu/academics/courses/descriptions/M427L-AP.php%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.ma.utexas.edu/academics/courses/descriptions/M427L-AP.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>