500,000,000 Powerball jackpot. Who's in? What will you do with your winnings?

I admit it, I purchased a few tickets today. Not that I think I have much of a chance, but it is a better chance than I would have if I didn’t play (though not by much :slight_smile: )

It is fun to dream a little so I look at it as entertainment and not a total waste of a few dollars.

What would you even do with that much money? And how much money would you really end up with after taxes etc.?

I’ll do the math after I’ve won.

We’ve never purchased anything other than a handful of daily scratch offs to put in D’s stockings at Christmas time, but even H was saying yesterday we should purchase a ticket or two!

$500,000,000. Hmmmm. With the way things are going, that’s probably just about enough to send my future grandchildren to a four-year college without them having to take out any loans.

Yes, it seems like this amount is big enough to attract people who never play!

My DS always reminds me that the lottery is a tax on people who are bad at statistics.

When is the drawing? Did I miss it??

You still have time @thumper1 It is tonight so hurry.

The drawing is at 10:59 EST.

I bought 5 tickets last week and for sure I thought I was going to win :smile: Well only 1 number on all 5 tickets. Skipped tonight drawing. Good luck everyone!!

I in for $20 I usually buy $20 in scratch offs for H’s stocking and forgot this year so I had to promise to give him all the money if I won;-)

surprised that we can now buy tickets online - makes it almost too easy :slight_smile:

I’m in. quit my job tomorrow.

@AL34…or anyone else…really? Online? I’m in Utah where we don’t have a lottery. Anyone know how it works?

I always thought a terrific TV realty show/series would be based on big lottery winners who go through their new found millions in a couple of years and end up back on the curb wondering what happened to all their dough. It’d be fun ( I’m a little sick) laughing at idiots buying jets, Rolls Royce’s, etc. and watching them in the show ending back up flat broke.

Haven’t bought a ticket, but I like to imagine what I’d do with the money–H could quit his job, pay for any college for 3 youngest kids, get a new house (or two or three. . .), travel, help family/friends, hire a chef and a maid, do random acts of kindness/give to charities, etc., etc.

I have lots of plans if I win. :slight_smile:

After all, eventually, someone has to.

I’ll have to break down and buy my first cell phone. Then get a new car with air conditioning, take the family to Disney, put siding on the house, buy a shed, pay off the student loans, and donate to some worthy charities.

Give the lady who sold me the ticket $100,000 just to see her expression. Poke a few ex-girlfriends on Facebook. Hire a female personal trainer thirty years younger than me. Hire a Michelin Two Star chef, and a cleaning and maintenance crew. Hobnob with the poor and drink one of every single IPA beer there is. Filthy rich is better than just plain filthy.

Can people who live in other states buy online?

World domination.

I don’t think I can even grasp how much money that is and all of the possibilities of what to do with it.

Like others have said, I would pay off schooling etc. buy a beach house and a new car, help some others etc. But if you think about it, how many millions can that be? Nowhere near 500,000,000.

That number is so far out of my wheelhouse I am not even equipped to daydream at that level. That is actually pretty sad and funny at the same time.