8 total APs enough?

<p>I plan on applying EA to MIT this November, and I was doing some rearranging with my schedule. Is 8 total APs enough? My APs with exam scores are as follows: </p>

<p>AP US Gov and Pol-5
AP US History-5
AP Chem-5
AP Eng Lang-5
For senior year:
AP Calc BC
AP Stats
AP Physics C
AP Bio</p>

<p>^ No one can tell you that. It's like asking "Is 5 liters of water on a camping trip enough"? It depends on what other things you bring.</p>

<p>But.. it seems like a solid list; MITChris commented when asked about APs [url=<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/1065393018-post3.html%5Dhere%5B/url"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/1065393018-post3.html]here[/url&lt;/a&gt;] that:</p>

<p>
[quote]

I mean, we see them, and in that sense we consider them. But I rarely note a student's AP scores in my evaluation. When I do, it's because: </p>

<ul>
<li>they scored lower on their AP than their grade in the class would suggest</li>
<li>they scored higher on the AP than their grade in the class would suggest </li>
<li>they have an insane number of 5s (think: at least 10) </li>
<li>etc

[/quote]
</li>
</ul>

<p>^resilient - haha, I like your analogy and agree with you. OP, worry about other things, like 2012. :)</p>

<p>Eight is enough.</p>

<p>"Eight is enough"</p>

<p>But also:</p>

<p>Seven is enough
Six is enough
Five is enough
Four is enough
Three is enough
Two is enough
One is enough
Zero is enough.</p>

<p>It all depends on what is offered at your school. If your school offers zero AP classes, then zero is enough. All you need to do is demonstrate that you know you're ready for the challenge of MIT, because you've challenged yourself in the context of your school and succeeded.</p>

<p>Regardless of whether or not that's enough (and I'm sure it is), you can't add any more scores anyway, since you're applying this fall. Focus on things you can still control, like essays and curing cancer. :)</p>

<p>@CalAlum is correct*</p>

<p>you're better off making a robot, or a even a clay figurine than studying for another obscure ap test just to add another 5 to your list.</p>

<p>mit isn't a hive of perfect test takers, it's a center of creativity and intellectual uniqueness.</p>

<p>(Although, admittedly, the two tend to coincide.....)</p>