<p>
I’ll bet she has some real stories to tell. I hope you have some written down.</p>
<p>I wish her the best.</p>
<p>
I’ll bet she has some real stories to tell. I hope you have some written down.</p>
<p>I wish her the best.</p>
<p>“Aunt was a teacher, went to Howard University, as did her older sister,”</p>
<p>They were at Howard when my parents were there.</p>
<p>NSM, How cool is that? My Aunts sister may have pledged AKA with some of the charter members.</p>
<p>Oh Shrinkrap, I’m so sorry to hear that your beloved Aunt’s health is failing. No matter how old they become, the prospect of losing a cherished loved one always cuts to the core. Your distress comes through your words loud and clear. I wish I could be there to hug you and offer more tangible support. Please know that your Aunt and Uncle (they must truly be exemplary people!), as well as you and your D are in my thoughts and prayers. </p>
<p>I agree with paying3tuitions that your DD must have acted as the torch bearer for their dreams (beautifully put!). Maybe you can take a picture of your D to your Aunt (if she’s lucid enough to understand what’s going on), sit and express how much their tremendous love and sacrifice has meant to the two of you. I bet she’d be comforted by that knowledge. </p>
<p>This community really is great isn’t it (even with all it’s faults :p). I agree it’s a lot like family. When something happens, often the CC community is one of the first entities we think of with the view toward drawing strength, and giving it in return. I hope you’ll be able to contact your D soon! Please keep us updated on your Aunt’s condition. Hugs and comfort,</p>
<p>Poet</p>
<p>Shrinkrap…big hugs and I hope that it works out favorably for you all…it is so hard to lose someone of that age and value…when they’ve always been in your life it seems impossible that they will not be. But if she cannot recover I wish her peace in her journey and you the strength to bear it.</p>