A in class but a 1 on the test?

<p>During my Junior year we had an incompetent teacher teaching us AP US History that did not know what he was doing; however, I'll admit that I didn't take the class seriously because the teacher was ridiculous. Anyways, I ended up getting A's first and second semester because he literally gave everyone A's for showing up to class, but I scored a 1 on the AP test due to zero understanding of the subject.</p>

<p>Now that I'm applying to colleges, (I'm mainly interested in Berkeley) will this 1 on the test significantly hurt my application?</p>

<p>Whoa. Grade inflation. As long as you didn't get 1s paired As in other subjects, I don't think it will negatively affect you. But then again, US history is something you can study for by yourself just by reading the book. I don't think the teacher should be fully blamed.</p>

<p>File the paperwork to have the 1 permanantly removed from your record. It is free to do and just a simple form. You can either fax it or mail it in.</p>

<p>An incompetent teacher usually isn't that good of a reason to completely fail an AP exam with a 1. It's pretty easy to get at least a 2 or 3 just reading a review book or something. That said, colleges don't look at AP exam scores too much, and will more deeply consider your grades and test scores, so you shouldn't worry about it. It may be possible to also remove the 1 from your record, but you have to pay a fee and the deadline may have already passed, but you can probably look up more info on the College Board website.</p>

<p>Grade inflation in my case too. (i had an 101 at the end of my 2nd semester)</p>

<p>But, i did get a 4. </p>

<p>My APUSH teacher busted his ass to make sure people passed teh AP exam. really nice guy</p>

<p>twice a week study sessions after school (FOR EXTRA CREDIT!!) </p>

<p>my APUSH class was all sophomores so he really tried extra hard.
(only AP class u can take as 2nd year) </p>

<p>7/30 people passed. 2 4's 5 3's.</p>

<p>Voytek~
You do not have to pay a fee. It is not too late to cancel. If you send scores THIS year it will still appear but if you send scores next year (in 6 weeks) it will be completely gone from your record. It is a simple "Score Cancellation Form" found here:</p>

<p><a href="http://professionals.collegeboard.com/profdownload/ap-score-cancellation-form.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://professionals.collegeboard.com/profdownload/ap-score-cancellation-form.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>It literally will take 2 minutes to fill it out and can be faxed or mailed in. You will get a confirmation of removal in the mail about 2 weeks later.</p>

<p>I would definitely have any scores of 1 removed.</p>

<p>Even with zero studying and never having taken US History, a good student could easily score a 2 or maybe even a 3.</p>

<p>Your school seems to have one of the worst grade inflation I've ever seen. (Not the very worst though, I once met a valedictorian with a 4.0 UW and 1420/2400 on the SAT... superscored after 3 tries.)</p>