A Liberal Arts Education at MIT?

<p>Okay, this may seem odd, but I like everything I've read and researched about with the Massachussetts Institute of Technology. The only thing is, no way would I be pursuing a math/science major. My interests lie in the humanities and computer graphics design, and I was wondering if attending MIT for these things was even a feasible option.</p>

<p>So, what is the humanities department at MIT like? Is it respected? Anyone know its selectivity compared to the institute overall? </p>

<p>Just about any information would be helpful. Thanks.</p>

<p>meh, there are better schools for humanitites</p>

<p>That would be really stupid.</p>

<p>their humanities program is just as good as their science/math departments...</p>

<p>however almost no one goes to MIT looking for a humanities major. so i wouldn't look into it just to go into humanities, unless you wanted to have all the math/science core requirements</p>

<p>but as vancat said...there's better options out there if you're looking for an LAC type environment (MIT definitly isn't LAC-ish at all)</p>

<p>Oh... I didn't realize I was still going to be bound to complete all the math and science requirements. Thanks very much for the information, techiedork.</p>