A question about putting ECs on applications.

<p>Are they all supposed to be school-related?</p>

<p>When I look at "Chance me" threads and look at their ECs sometimes they include things like 'Play piano - 10 years', but that probably doesn't have anything to do with the person and school considering nothing else in the ECs states that the person is involved in any musical program in the school.</p>

<p>Also, another question (not related to the current topic). Do universities look for different things based on how many students are in your graduating class? Such as someone who applies but is graduating 1/150 and someone else graduating 1/650. It is probably easier to be a so-called 'Founder' of an organization in the graduating class with 150 students as opposed to a class with 650; Which is probably the difference between a 2A school and a 5A school.</p>

<p>Hey! Choose any ECs you like as long as you've dedicated a lot of time and effort into them. Babysitting probably won't impress anyone! :p</p>

<p>2nd question, no idea sorry !</p>

<p>I wouldn't put babysitting, lol.</p>

<p>quite the contrary with some schools, the greater the number of students, the EASIER it is to make clubs. with a lot of small schools, its harder to make clubs because their applications are so tightly regulated by their administrations</p>

<p>Guess it's different at my school.</p>

<p>ECs done outside the school are probably more important than those done in the school, especially if you excel in them. Put them all in.</p>

<p>As for babysitting, if it's for pay, put it down under employment. Any gainful work is a plus. If it's just watching your own siblings, leave it off unless the story is unusual (you have 15 younger sibling, or provide care to a special needs sibling).</p>