A remark about my long essay

<p>I feel I wrote a very strong essay. It's about Reagan (or rather something he said). One thing though that I'm proud of is the way I was able to end it all.</p>

<p>"After all, the sublime abovementioned quote was uttered by a man who in one film starred opposite a monkey."</p>

<p>It's not a total mockery however. The tone of my essay overall was of optimism and idealism. Even a total liberal Reagan hater would have to get a little rise out of that last line.</p>

<p>Now I'm sure my English teacher would have scolded me and I'm sure that any printed resource about college essays would say I made an error in judgment. But I went ahead with it because it just might make my essays stand out a bit. And monkeys sure do get people's attention.</p>

<p>"After all, the author of this quote once starred opposite a monkey."</p>

<p>You don't need to describe the quote as sublime, the rest of the essay should've made that apparent.
Abovementioned sounds silly. How many quotes do you have in this essay? If you only have one there's no need to call it "abovementioned."</p>

<p>sublime sounds bad, instead of "the abovementioned" you should have just put "this".</p>

<p>but oh well who cares honestly... i doubt they'll nit pick THAT much</p>

<p>sublime...that is a nice word, but it's effect depends on what the rest of the essay was like. You know, I think I know you, mattman. It would be really odd if you are who I think you are. But, i don't want to just say it so here's a code: WTP unit court case battles?</p>

<p>"I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there's purpose and worth to each and every life."</p>

<p>And I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand the code word. I'm counting on liberal intellectuals reading my essay, who would probably be initially anti-Reagan. They'll probably already know about Reagan's movie with the monkey (Bedtime for Bonzo) and then they just might get a kick out of it.</p>

<p>sorry, I thought you were a kid from my school. nevermind the above comment</p>