Accepted as a transfer to Major A, but I wanted to get in for Major B

<p>I wanted to transfer to a state university for Finance, but my transfer GPA doesn't meet this major's admission requirement so I applied for a Language major (which has a lower min GPA requirement). I picked it just to get my foot in the door. I plan to take some business prereqs and business core classes to bring my GPA up and then apply for admission into Finance. At orientation, I will most likely be assigned to a Language major advisor. How should I tell them my true academic goals, or should I just go straight to a Business advisor?
I wonder what the Language advisor would say.</p>

<p>If your school has a different business school, then you can't really do that. If not, and finance is a part of A&S or whatever overarching school you are in, then it may be possible. </p>

<p>If you're wanting to do an internal transfer, make sure that you can get into the business school (assuming it's a different school). Some schools have very high requirements to transfer, even internally, to the business school, or just don't allow it.</p>

<p>You need to find out the college's policies about switching majors. Some schools absolutely will not allow this (especially for certain majors). The only way to know is get on the phone and talk to department heads today.</p>

<p>If you cannot switch majors, sit down with the requirements for each major, and figure out how much of the Finance program you could squeeze in as electives.</p>

<p>At first I applied for Finance as a transfer, and I got the denied letter. Then I contacted the school, spoke with an admission advisor and he told me to update my application to a different major to get my foot in the door, so I assume this would be possible.</p>