Accepting to two colleges

<p>I accepted to one college I got accepted to as a last result and paid my deposit, but I recently found out I got into my top choice and want to go there so I just paid that school, I don't even care if I lose the deposit. Is it ok for me to commit to both and call and see if they let me cancel out of the other one. </p>

<p>It’s not ok to commit to both. But what you are in is a common situation for students on waitlists. They accept one school and are on the waitlist for another. Waitlist school says they are in, they send in a deposit and notify the 1st school they won’t be coming after all. That’s what you need to do with the 1st school. There’s no question about them “let me cancel out of the other one”; they aren’t going to send a sheriff to force you to come to campus. </p>

<p>I do wonder why you didn’t wait until you heard from all schools before sending in a deposit, though. </p>