Acknowledge lopsidedness or....SHINY??

I’m looking to transfer from the University of Maryland, College Park (aka Purgatory) to either NYU, BC, Tufts, Georgetown, and various and sundry other safeties and matches. I’m not going to post my all of my stats here, because I’ve spammed the board enough with my illustrious academic achievements. Basically, I feel like I have a pretty good shot at these schools, based on college GPA (4.0. go me.)

BUT

I only got a 500 math on my SAT. 730 verbal, but 500 math. And my grades in math courses have always been B’s, as opposed to my consistent A’s in English/History/Other liberal artish type courses.

SO

The question is, do I sort of acknowledge that I’m lopsided in this way? I’m not quite sure how I’d go about doing it, and I’m sure an essay based on the concept of “Dammit, I’m smart but math.is.hard” would go over particularly well. But since I’m a transfer, could I perhaps acknowledge it in my “reasons for transferring” essay?

OR

Do I just attempt to distract them with the shininess of the other parts of my application (4.0 college gpa, AP Scholar with Distinction, top 15% at a competitive private school, various leadership positions in EC’s, i got a full scholarship for a creative writing program at another school ((which i turned down, because I am an idiot)))?

It’s just so frustrating, because I knowwww I could do well at these schools, and I’m doing well here at UMD, but I yearn for prestige. And honestly, I feel like I’m being spoon-fed here, and I want a challenge.

So, any thoughts, opinions, insults, rants? This came out longer than I meant it to. Sorry.

<p>I don't know what your major is, which would impact on what M score needs to be. It seems that devoting time to studying math, possibly with a tutor, could help improve your score. Sometimes we miss concepts along the way, and individualized attention can fill in the holes.</p>

<p>I'm a Classics major, so it doesn't really matter. If I were Astrophysics, thennn it might be a problem. However, I've heard from various people that attempting to retake the SAT as a college freshman is worthless and that school's won't even consider it.</p>

<p>I think you should concentrate on stuff you are good at. forget the SAT. Obviously it did not affect your success at college so far.</p>

<p>I wish I could just "forget the SATs," but everyone I've spoken to about transferring has told me that the M portion is probably the biggest weakness on my transcript, and it will probably hurt me in my transfer apps. Sigh.</p>