ACT or SAT? (considering colleges want to apply to)

<p>I am currently an incoming Junior and am trying to figure out whether to take the ACT or SAT based upon the colleges I want to apply to.</p>

<p>I would appreciate it if all responders could make a list as to what each college I listed would prefer.</p>

<p>Here are the colleges I want to apply to:</p>

<p>UCLA
UC Berkeley
UCSD
Cal. Tech.
UCSB
USC
UC Davis
Stanford</p>

<p>Before you answer, you should know that I have completed a mock SAT and a mock ACT sponsored by the Eureka review company. They are basically practice tests taken on site.
Just to see how I would score, I did NOT study AT ALL for either practice tests.</p>

<p>On the mock SAT, I got 1700
On the mock ACT, I got 28</p>

<p>Thank you in advance for replies!</p>

<p>None of those schools have a preference.</p>

<p>The schools you posted have not evinced a preference for either exam; they simply require one or the other. You should decide whether or not you want to take the SAT or the ACT, as you may be able to post a stronger performance on one test than the other. If you can prefer, you can take both, and then simply send in the better score.</p>

<p>Stanford: Testing</a> Requirements : Stanford University
CalTech: Freshman</a> Applicants - Caltech Caltech Undergraduate Admissions
UCLA: UC</a> Admission Requirements - Freshman - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions
UC Davis: UC</a> Davis : Examination Requirement
UC Berkeley: General</a> Catalog - Undergraduate Education - Applying for Admission
UCSD: UC</a> San Diego Comprehensive Review Admission Process: Freshman Selection, Fall 2010
USC: FAQs</a> - USC Undergraduate Admission
USCB:UCSB</a> Admissions</p>

<p>As you can see, all of the schools have indicated that they will accept either the SAT or the ACT.</p>

<p>
[quote]
None of those schools have a preference.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Are there any schools that do? '.'</p>

<p>Most schools don't have a preference. You might try out both and see which one you do better at...</p>