Activities

<p>I went to a vocational high school and I listed my technical course as one of my activities. However, I'm afraid colleges will see the term "IT Technical Course" and think it refers to a college/university course, which would make me ineligible for scholarships, when the course was actually given at a secondary level. Do you think there will be any problems if I leave it like that?</p>

<p>What college makes a student ineligible for scholarships if they take college courses in HS?</p>

<p>Well, that's the thing, it's not a college course in high school. I basically take normal high school classes in the morning (which will lead to a HS Diploma) and technical classes in the afternoon (which will lead to a Technical Degree), but both programs (HS and the Technical Course) are offered in unison at the same institution. However one is not part of the other and in theory I can graduate one but not the other.</p>

<p>I think Imagineer was just saying it wouldn't be an issue even if a college did think you were talking about a college class. </p>

<p>Besides doesn't your guidance counselor have to include an explanation of your school's system along with your transcript? So don't worry about it - I know plenty of people that have done HS the same way you have and none of them have had a problem getting into colleges (and getting scholarships too!).</p>

<p>Good luck! :)</p>