Admission Chances, One Vs. One

<p>I'm curious as to who you all think has a better chance of getting into schools they'd like to get into. In other words, who would you rather take as a student if you were Dean of admissions. Both are seniors at the same school. There is no college choice range at all. Both want to major in Biomedical Engineering and focus on the same track within the major. Note: Calculus AB is highest math class offered. Only three normal AP classes are offered at this school(AP Physics, AP English, Calculus AB) and AP Chemistry offered voluntarily, with one student enrolled.</p>

<p>--Person A--</p>

<p>GPA: 4.0 out of 4.0, class rank 1 of 305 shared by one other.
SAT: 1470
Math: 800
Verbal: 670
ACT: None
SAT II: None
AP Tests: None</p>

<p>Activities: Swimming (4-year letter, Senior Captain, MVP Junior and Senior years), NHS(Senior year only, Historian), Tutoring middle schoolers (3 hours a week), Work (at least 8 hours a week), math competition pending (Person A is supposed to place(top three) first in the team competition with three others, but is not predicted/expected to place for individual competition.), Junior Rotarian.</p>

<p>AP Classes:
Senior Year only: AP Physics, AP English, Calculus AB.</p>

<p>All classes advanced/honors (advanced being harder than honors) where applicable except freshman year first semester Algebra (Honors Algebra I instead of Advanced - Algebra I/AlgebraII/Trig.)</p>

<p>--Person B--</p>

<p>GPA: 3.793 of 4.0, class rank 21 of 305 shared by no one.
SAT: 1300
Math: 690
Verbal: 610
ACT: 34 (I am not sure how important sub-scores are, but I am including then nonetheless.)
English: 33
Math: 34
Reading: 32
Science: 36
SAT II: One test
Biology-E: 670
AP Tests: Two tests
AP Statistics: 1
AP Biology: 4</p>

<p>Activities: Swimming (4-year letter, Senior Captain), Local Youth Symphony (4-year first violin, Senior year concertmaster), All-State Orchestra (Junior and Senior year first violin), Youth-related programs with Symphony Orchestra (Side-by-side concerts, summer programs, etc - all first violin), Local and State music contests (all Division I, all gold), science research at Notre Dame University, volunteering at local hospital, NHS (Senior year only, Treasurer), Interact, Big Brother/Big Sister, Junior Kiwanian, Junior Rotarian. Note: Science research project pending results from entry to Siemens Westinghouse science competition.</p>

<p>AP Classes:
Junior year: AP Statistics (Person B participated in a pilot AP Statistics class that met 3 times a week, there were 8 people, score breakdown of class for AP test is as follows. 5 - One person, 4 - Two persons, 3 - Two persons, 2 - One person, 1 - Two persons), AP Biology (Independant study at home, Class not offered at school, only first and second year classes are offered. Person B has only taken first-year biology.)
Senior year: AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP English, Calculus AB</p>

<h2>All classes taken advanced/honors where applicable.</h2>

<p>Now that you have taken the time to read all of this, the college choices that both are thinking of applying to are as follows: University of Notre Dame, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, and Washington University at Saint Louis, Northwestern University.
I'd like two answers, which person you'd rather take, and if Person A, Person B, or both have chances of admittance to the four choices listed above.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance for reading such a long post.</p>

<p>I would like to take person B over person A. I do really think two are similar, but I am not really sure if there is anything other than grades that person A is better on than person B.</p>

<p>Michigan - in, in
WUStL - in, probably
Northwestern - in, probably</p>

<p><em>bump</em>, ty for the info btbvector</p>