Admission Difficulty

<p>How much easier is Columbia to get into compared with Yale and Harvard and Princeton especially in the regular decesion round?</p>

<p>I think its actually harder. They have the highest percentage of alumni kids and they pride themselves on their low admission statistics. Last year it was 11%, same as Princeton and Harvard.</p>

<p>Does Columbia go straight by the numbers are do they allow for some flexablity when it comes to test scores?</p>

<p>highest percentage of alumni kids? I thought columbia was the ivy that cared the least about legacy/family relations</p>

<p>Haha u're kidding right? Look on their website... the number of alumni kids they take is pretty high. And if they dont care why do they ask on Part 1 if your parents graduated from Columbia.</p>

<p>All schools ask that though.
But yea, Columbia is known for a pretty tough RD round because they take so many people ED. (like 45% of the class).</p>

<p>Every school asks if you have relatives graduating from the school.</p>

<p>legacy matters everywhere, not just or especially columbia. I never got the impression from Columbia that legacy was as important as some of the other top schools.</p>