ADMISSIONS APPEAL?

I applied to a state school in September and got rejected and then in October I was given the opportunity to appeal and for some reason it took a really long time to hear back. This was absolutely my top choice and I was crushed when I found out I was rejected. Due to extenuating circumstances in my home life I was able to be approved to send an appeal letter so I did. I

I’m due to go to a different school in the fall and I haven’t paid any tuition yet. This school was kind of out of my price range but it was do-able, I was very uneasy about paying for a school that was my third choice. So far all I’ve done is sign up for housing, receive my aid and I got an enrollment fee waiver. In other words, I have not given this school any money yet.

The school I appealed for originally requested an appeal letter, which I did already and then I was notified by my regional admissions rep that they would like to see my second semester grades, meaning after I graduate from high school. I had been working with her emailing and checking to get an update for about 3-4 months and she noted that shes been working with me on my file and she believes that I have a good shot since they’re willing to get as much information as they possibly can before making a final appeal decision.

The school I mentioned earlier is expensive and really didn’t make it as one of my top 2 schools. I wasn’t exactly pleased about going there and now that I know there’s a possibility I can attend my top choice, I am sort of in the position to throw this school away for a chance at a much cheaper one that I wanted to go to in the first place although I haven’t been accepted yet.

The school has rolling admission and the application for fall 2016 is officially still open as of 5/27/16.

My questions are: (If i’m admitted) Since my application is still being in review do you feel that I will still have a opportunity to receive aid, housing (I know my pickings are slim because of timing)?
Do you feel like I should settle with the school I already have under my belt?
If they were to close the application window before I graduate high school (June 2016) would my application be considered as a “special circumstance” since I have been working with an admissions rep the whole time?
Would my quality of existence be altered in any way (missed opportunities) bc I was admitted later?

Obviously you aren’t getting any merit-based aid if you are barely getting into the school. If you’re talking about need-based aid, I would ask the admissions rep. Same for the special circumstance question. I would wait as long as possible to give any money to the school you are signed up for in order to keep your options open.