Adults/kids and cell phone use/cancer

<p>Scientists</a> warn US Congress of cancer risk for cell phone use</p>

<p>This is the second thread about this.</p>

<p>It sounds like this study refers to any cordless phone, not just cell phones.</p>

<p>I'm not worried about my kids getting a brain tumor. They talk on their cell phone less than 2 hours per month. But my D had 4000 texts/month over the summer (yes, that's 4 thousand per month, and yes I pay for a plan with unlimited texting!). Unless cellphones also cause cancer in the fingers, my D should be safe. Now that school & sports have started, she's back down to about 2 dozen texts per day.</p>

<p>barrons:</p>

<p>Since this is a hot issue with you, do you have any links regarding the dangers of the use of bluetooth earpieces? Also, have you seen anything indicating any reduction in risk if a bluetooth device is used and the cell phone itself is sitting a couple of feet away from the body?</p>

<p>They claim to be safer. Sounds reasonable but you look like such a dork with those things.</p>

<p>Our cordless phone is an old low-frequency phone. I think that it uses frequencies close to AM frequencies which should be far less dangerous than modern UHF cordless phones.</p>

<p>How far we have come since this was first posted? 75% of people sleep with their cell phones within arms reach. We and our children especially are completely, excessively, and possibly dangerously plugged in. It is time for some updated studies to come out so we can know what we are really doing to ourselves. Of course, the phone companies wont want to believe the results of any studies that suggest cancer or danger.</p>