Advice: Belk Scholarship at Davidson College or Jefferson Scholarship at the University of Virginia?

I’m a high school senior who has been offered both the Belk Scholarship at Davidson College and the Jefferson Scholarship at the University of Virginia. Both Scholarships are full rides for four years plus stipends for study abroad/internships in the summer. I’m most interested in studying English with an emphasis in creative writing as well as picking up a new foreign language (either Spanish or French at Davidson, Italian at UVa). I’m currently leaning toward the Belk at Davidson because of its smaller, more personal setting, but I also feel that it’s important to carefully consider both options. Thoughts or advice? Keep in mind that my deadline to reply to the Jefferson is April 17th.

If you want to study English/creative writing, you appreciate a small social dynamic and atmosphere, and you love a liberal arts setting Davidson is a better choice for you. UVa wouldn’t offer the same things Davidson does. So, Davidson all the way!

Of all the schools we visited, Davidson stood out!

Congratulations on two fine awards. I would choose Davidson.

If that’s how you feel, then that’s where you should be. :slight_smile:

Can you please post your stats. Thanks!

Big state flagship or small LAC?

Which do you fit in better?

I think being a Jefferson Scholar is rare and impressive enough that you could put it on your resume and it would mean something. It would carry weight beyond undergrad.

I don’t know about creative writing at Davidson, but UVa’s program is very highly regarded.

Agree, @FCCDAD. Fit is still very important, though.

Did you decide @MSKid273?